P3Dv5.1HF1 ILS and DME

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mpni

P3Dv5.1HF1 ILS and DME

Post by mpni »

Hi,
For information, have a look here:
https://www.aai.aero/en/content/what-il ... -component
It is the same for all countries.

DME : Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) is normally collocated with glide path and provides slant distance to the aircraft with respect to touch down point.

But, in P3Dv5.1HF1, the DME is collocated with the localizer antenna without distance correction.
That is the reason why we cannot read the good value which is 0 NM in the DME at the touch down point.

Regards
Michel
keenrw

Re: P3Dv5.1HF1 ILS and DME

Post by keenrw »

Its always been like this coming from FSX days, you can change the DME position using ADE or use a tool called Airport Inspector and Editor from this site https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html to edit the ILS/DME etc to the correct position ...i find Airport Inspector and Editor faster and easier to use as it will edit the BGL files directly...also on that site you can find updated ILSs and navaids…(just Navaids for P3Dv5 atm) .
MikeB54

Post by MikeB54 »

Serious question. I'm not being snarky. Why is this important? If you're flying an approach to minimums you aren't going to be looking at your DME. You're going to be focused on the localizer, the glideslope and your altitude. Marker beacons, and the visual and aural cues they give you, are the only relevant distance information you really need. If you haven't broken out by the time you hear the middle marker tones it's time to go around. Inner marker if your equipped for a CAT II or CAT III approach. The only thing I use DME for on an approach is to help me decide when to put the gear down and final flaps.
mpni

Post by mpni »

@keenrw
You right, as we can see in this post year 2014 :
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=96253&p=96344&hilit=DME#p96344
@MikeB54
Thank you for your experience.