P3DV5 New installation CTD

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ducaud

P3DV5 New installation CTD

Post by ducaud »

Hello,
I am having a problem with P3Dv5.
I open the program, get to the first screen on which the default scenario shows up, I do not change the plane or the airport from the default scenario press ok and start loading, when it gets to abou 80% it crashes to the desktop.
Looking at the Microsoft Windows 10 event viewer. it shows that the CTD is due to an issue with the file Kernel.dll
It is not an issue of the equipment. or lack of memory
I have an I9-10900 CPU not overclocked, 32Gb of DD4 Ram memory, and a GTX 1080Ti with 11GB of Vram.
How can I get the program to work?
Thanks

Juan
BerndB

Re: P3DV5 New installation CTD

Post by BerndB »

Juan, out of my experience with this specific scenario CTD at arround 70-80% and kernelbase.dll it´s related to the scenery database of P3D which can´t be loaded correctly.

Make sure that the scenery database is build correctly. Usually the scenery index and the scenery database is re-build at startup of P3D if something was changed in the sceneries you use. But it seems that it´s not 100 % reliable that P3D is doing this under all circumstances. Force P3D to re-build the database by de-installing a scenery and install it again. If then P3D starts up while the P3D logo is shown, there schould be a short massage that the scenery indecies and the scenery database is re-building. After this is done P3D should load normal.
P3D V6 & 5.4 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbX
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ ducaud ,

Is this a new P3D install or has it previously been working OK and just started giving an error?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
ducaud

Post by ducaud »

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. What I have done is delete P3d,cfg file, and started P3D it re-created the cfg file, I have flown one flight and it looks like it is corrected. This happened after a CTD on a flight.
I am using Hfi Active Sky Beta for P3Dv5, so I did not use it on the last flight. Now I will try it on thge next flight and see if that is causing the issue.
Regards,

Juan