PBR and floating objects

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
hjmx

PBR and floating objects

Post by hjmx »

According to discussions in other forums and the fact that more an more PBR airports are published, is it true that LM is working on a hotfix which addresses the issue of "floating airport objects" at certain situations?
jskiffington

Re: PBR and floating objects

Post by jskiffington »

Would love to see some update on this. I'm seeing it more often with ImagineSim WSSS and FSDT's KORD.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jskiffington wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:13 pm Would love to see some update on this. I'm seeing it more often with ImagineSim WSSS and FSDT's KORD.
Just information:

KORDv2 (FSDT) forum mentioned that P3D is aware of the problem and FSDT has done a temporary fix.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

I have seen this at Flytampas KLAS. Starting the sim at Nellis, part of the city is floating in the air. If I start the sim at KLAS, everything is fine. I also tried reducing the eye candies and it helped partially, means about 80% of the floaters were at the ground again.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Blaunarwal wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:02 pm I have seen this at Flytampas KLAS. Starting the sim at Nellis, part of the city is floating in the air. If I start the sim at KLAS, everything is fine. I also tried reducing the eye candies and it helped partially, means about 80% of the floaters were at the ground again.
Have you asked FlyTampa in their forum or done a support ticket?

I may try a flight later there today.
Best Regards,
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Martyson wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:57 pm
Blaunarwal wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:02 pm I have seen this at Flytampas KLAS. Starting the sim at Nellis, part of the city is floating in the air. If I start the sim at KLAS, everything is fine. I also tried reducing the eye candies and it helped partially, means about 80% of the floaters were at the ground again.

Sure I have. Unfortunately they don´t seem to read their support forum. But LM should be interested in this new problem too.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Blaunarwal wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:44 am

Sure I have. Unfortunately they don´t seem to read their support forum. But LM should be interested in this new problem too.
Wonder why Fly Tampa is not answering their forum posts?
I have experienced the FlyTampa forum "no reply" from them also. Not good.

On the FSDT (Flight Sim Dream Team) forum the developer said LM was aware of it and FSDT did a temp fix for their new KORDv2.

Fly Tampa should be working directly with LM on this floating building problem you mentioned.

Another topic:
Do you happen to know the answer to this post of mine?
I have not gotten a reply from LM yet.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=134779
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Blaunarwal wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:44 am

I posted a screenshot (KLAS-floaters) for you on your FlyTampa forum post here:
https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopi ... 34&t=13597
Best Regards,