Scripted textures still not rendering correctly

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
wsmeier

Re: Scripted textures still not rendering correctly

Post by wsmeier »

It appears the discussion on this issue has gone quiet. I hope this means the problem has been identified and a fix is forthcoming.
miguez

Post by miguez »

Hi guys,

I just wanted to impart my desire to get this issue fixed. I'm an FSLabs customer, and a big part of why I bought it were the incredible rain effects they created. Miles and miles above anyone else's. But now this big advantage has been rendered mute. I'd really, really appreciate it if LM could work on fixing this.

Thank you in advance.
Flic1

Post by Flic1 »

I am also noticing this issue with rain effects in the FSLabs Airbus although it seems to be intermittent in my case. Several approaches have been rainy and I was not getting the rain effects at all (initial load @ departure airport was not rainy). On my last flight, although no rain was present at my departure airport I did in fact get the rain effects at the end of the flight on approach. I am on P3D v4.5(w/hf) and I have a GTX 1080ti GPU. Thanks for any help you can provide!
sw34669

Post by sw34669 »

also see this if depart in the dry and arrive in the wet ... no rain effect.
Mvisch

Post by Mvisch »

hi All,

To not let this topic die...

still experiencing issues on latest V4.5. FSLabs A320.

I made a video about this, showing the weird lines moving over the VC windows and causes the effect to bug out when zoomed in.
See : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3uxMICluVU

thanks.
nthabti

Post by nthabti »

Hey,

I am also experiencing this problem. No rain on departure means no rain effect on approach.
I would really like to urge LM to look into this and to provide a hotfix, especially as it was not present in v4.3.

So, this issue from Release notes - Fixes and improvements P3D 4.5 is not resolved:
Fixed issue that caused scripted textures to not refresh correctly.

Thanks!
Nizar
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

This is a problem if you have the FSLabs A320, apparently.

This is NOT a problem with P3D. Otherwise, everyone should see this issue. I and others do not see it.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
RRVyper

Post by RRVyper »

JorgenSA wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:02 am This is a problem if you have the FSLabs A320, apparently.

This is NOT a problem with P3D. Otherwise, everyone should see this issue. I and others do not see it.

Jorgen
Seriously?? With all due respect, do you think it's possible that FSLabs may be utilizing a function of P3D in a way that others are not? The fact that it worked in P3D v4.3 and not thereafter suggests something in P3D broke the effect since v4.4. Just glancing at the release notes shows many bugs that were fixed that never affected me (or others).

LM, please focus some heat and light on this issue. It would be nice to hear that you are working with FSLabs to isolate and fix the problem.

Randy
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Quote: "It would be nice to hear that you are working with FSLabs to isolate and fix the problem."

That has already been communicated somewhere else.

And for you maybe that issue came up in v. 4.4. I began P3D with v. 4.3, then went to 4.4 and now 4.5 with hotfix, and I have never seen this issue on my system.

Simple troubleshooting lesson no. 1: if something is wrong with an application - in this case P3D - every single user will see it, with no exceptions.

You do not see every single P3D user complaining about this issue.

Simple troubleshooting lesson no. 2: If only some users see an issue, then the issue is something on their system - be it an add-on, a setting and so on.

It seems that users with certain add-ons from for instance FSLabs saw this issue.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
RRVyper

Post by RRVyper »

JorgenSA wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:26 pm And for you maybe that issue came up in v. 4.4. I began P3D with v. 4.3, then went to 4.4 and now 4.5 with hotfix, and I have never seen this issue on my system.
Not sure what your point is but I began P3Dv4 on v4.0 and am currently on v4.5hf1.
JorgenSA wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:26 pm Simple troubleshooting lesson no. 1: if something is wrong with an application - in this case P3D - every single user will see it, with no exceptions.
You can't honestly believe that.
JorgenSA wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:26 pm You do not see every single P3D user complaining about this issue.
Do you complain about every issue that someone else posts? I doubt it.
JorgenSA wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:26 pm Simple troubleshooting lesson no. 2: If only some users see an issue, then the issue is something on their system - be it an add-on, a setting and so on.

It seems that users with certain add-ons from for instance FSLabs saw this issue.
Well, yes, since the FSLabs airbus illuminates the scripted textures issue. It appears that you do not use the FSLabs airbus or you would see it, too.

And while I appreciate your attempt at passing along your troubleshooting tips, I think I'll stick to more knowledgeable sources. Perhaps in the future you can refrain from posting in a topic that is clearly not relevant to your situation, and allow LM and FSLabs to work out the solution.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Obviously, you do not have a clue on how to troubleshoot. What I outlined is how troubleshooting begins, by the "is/is not" problem scope definition - what the problem "is", and what it "is not".

Jorgen

bokdany

Post by bokdany »

Hi, I am trying to develop a small addon with scripted textures and it works very well on my version of P3D v4.3 but when I test it on v4.5 on another computer, the textures appear opaque with a black background: (. is there a way to correct this problem?
Thank you in advance.