Can't get SimDirector to start from P3D and other issues

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
whitav8

Can't get SimDirector to start from P3D and other issues

Post by whitav8 »

If I start with Prepar3Dv4.4 default scenario at Norfolk, finish loading, and then try to select Tools->SimDirector, it begins loading terrain but never gets to the execution of the tool itself. If I start just SimDirector, it comes up fine - except that the Loading Catalog "wait" dot-circle keeps going and never stops. Then if I try to load another scenario, it hangs. I changed the default scenario to another scenario and that loads OK upon startup of SimDirector, except the catalog again never is finished so I really can't use SimDirector at all. The loading catalog has to read through a few of my addon sceneries I suppose but right now, I have very few.

I have a decent PC (9700Kat5.0Ghz with Nvidia 2070, and 16gb ram)

Dave W.
P3Dv5, P3Dv4.4 9700K@5Ghz, 32gbRam, RTX2070,HP Reverb HMD
aeronauta

Re: Can't get SimDirector to start from P3D and other issues

Post by aeronauta »

Dave the problem with the catalog is that it has to "catalog" all your objects , eventually it will finish , but I found that if you say disable ORBX libraries and some orbx scenery it will load and complete the catalog , once you get the SD running in settings you can tick off the entry that gives readable names to objects , this will catalog the objects by GUID ... hard to read but usable..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
whitav8

Post by whitav8 »

@aeronauta (Jorge),
Thanks for the reply. So I tried turning off various sceneries as you suggested and found that the old (10 years or more??) MegaScenery Socal (Southern California) is my problem. When I disable it, I get the catalog to load OK. I wish Simdirector let me exclude the catalog of objects from a given scenery so I could just have it available in P3D for scenery, but for now, I will turn it off when I want to use SimDirector.
Now I will test the other problems and report.

Thanks for your help!

Dave W.
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Glad to be of help... now the fun begins...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
whitav8

Post by whitav8 »

All functions that I was concerned about with SimDirector seem to be OK now that I have eliminated the old Megascenery SoCal from the scenery list - there must be some BGLs that cause trouble.

Carry on

Dave W.