[RESOLVED] Blurred Runway Textures

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
RDD700

[RESOLVED] Blurred Runway Textures

Post by RDD700 »

This is a screenshot of Orbx’s KPSP running in Prepar3d 4.3. I do not know if this is an Orbx issue or LM. Notice the arrows in the above image. The further from the view point, the worst the image. A texture resolution of 7cm does not help. Texture resolution of Ultra- 4096x4096 does not help. Lower values do not help. Changing the order of the library insertion point does not help. Deleting old FTX Central 3's and only having the latest on my computer does not help. Having the newest update to the Orbx library does not help. Deleting the config file and allowing it to re-generate does not help. I've read P3D V4.3 has issues with blurry textures. But is it to this extent? Taxi lines, runway lines, runway edges etc. all blur into the distance (only with photo scenery I believe). Default runway markings do not blur. I'm just looking for a vector and if anyone else has experienced this. I apologize for the post if this is an Orbx issue. But after searching for an answer for the last several months, I'm out of airspeed and ideas. Thanks in advance.

RD
Martyson

Re: Blurred Runway Textures

Post by Martyson »

I see that also.
As I slowly move down the runway the center line comes into better focus/detail.

Does zoom in / out help?

Maybe lack of detail / faded textures in specific areas helps FPS?

Have you asked Orbx?

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

I agree this issue belongs in the Orbx forum, there is nothing LM can do about a 3d party scenery.

I suspect that the issue is related to how photoscenery is rendered at a lower resolution than terrain textures. I'm just guessing here but it appears as if the displaced threshold region might be photoscenery. I also have Orbx KPSP and have flown in or out of there a few times and not noticed but that doesn't mean it isn't occurring.
Dan Downs
KCRP
ananda

Post by ananda »

It happens with all photo scenery, nothing to do with Orbx.
RDD700

Post by RDD700 »

Thank you for the replies. I did post this issue on the Orbx forum and received an answer. All my AA settings in my NVIDIA Control Panel were disabled. Enabling those settings resulted in sharp textures. This issue is resolved.

RD