Any way to control views, but not from the menu ?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
lvedin

Any way to control views, but not from the menu ?

Post by lvedin »

I can create cockpit views with names and they appear in the menu Views -> Change View -> Cockpit -> MyView. They even change smooth. But it is not convenient at all to using menu to select cockpit-views during busy flights.

I can even assign a menu-key by naming it &MyView, can hot keys be assigned a similar way or in any file ?

I have try to assign keys/buttons, assign hot-keys by edit in files, using SimConnect, using FSUIPC. FSUIPC seams not able to change cockpit-views. SimConnect did not work for me and I anyway not sure if cockpit views can be controlled ?

Is there no way to select cockpit views ether by select pre-configured views, or by send the cockpit camera-position/angles to P3D in any way from keyboard/buttons or any third part SW ?

I mean custom created views, not the default view via Numpad keys.
Martyson

Re: Any way to control views, but not from the menu ?

Post by Martyson »

"Is there no way to select cockpit views ether by select pre-configured views, or by send the cockpit camera-position/angles to P3D in any way from keyboard/buttons or any third part SW ?"

I use EZdok.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Could a head-motion tracker like trackIR solve your problem?
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
lvedin

Post by lvedin »

Martyson wrote: I use EZdok.
This is likely the utility I can use. Regarding saved view's, is it possible to assign each view to one individual key ?

I'm not helped by cycle around all views but directly select one view from my software (I can send Windows keybord-events ). And I need minimum 10 saved views via 10 keys.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

lvedin wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Martyson wrote: I use EZdok.
This is likely the utility I can use. Regarding saved view's, is it possible to assign each view to one individual key ?

I'm not helped by cycle around all views but directly select one view from my software (I can send Windows keybord-events ). And I need minimum 10 saved views via 10 keys.
Best to ask Ezdok directly (their .com site / tech support) or in the General Flight One forum:
https://www.simforums.com/forums/flight ... orum3.html for your specific needs.

Have you watched any Utube videos on the product (setup and in flight)?
Best Regards,
lvedin

Post by lvedin »

I will check up all that, thank you for tip !

regards Lennart Vedin
lvedin

Post by lvedin »

Finally I solved this issue.

1. There is no way to control smooth views in P3D from software or keys.
2. EzDok works fine but cannot be controlled from software. Unlike other software EzDok do not accept Windows software contolled key-strokes.
3. I Found virtual joystick driver vJoy. This can be controlled from other software and those action can be assigned to EzDok that control P3D.

Phuu !

So now I can have many view controlled from my yoke include also by combinations and mode -buttons.

/ Lennart Vedin
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

lvedin wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:42 am Finally I solved this issue.

1. There is no way to control smooth views in P3D from software or keys.
2. EzDok works fine but cannot be controlled from software. Unlike other software EzDok do not accept Windows software contolled key-strokes.
3. I Found virtual joystick driver vJoy. This can be controlled from other software and those action can be assigned to EzDok that control P3D.

Phuu !

So now I can have many view controlled from my yoke include also by combinations and mode -buttons.

/ Lennart Vedin
Does your solution work for just one aircraft or can you save multiple custom configurations for multiple aircraft like Ezdok?
Best Regards,
lvedin

Post by lvedin »

My solution works on any aircraft due to it is a "software to joystick-button" solution. I.e. it is only for programmers.
If use the free Visual Studio Community you can control Ezdok by assign buttons to vJoy (virtual joystick driver).

My self I use it to read my physical yoke programmed modes and combinations and via C++ app to control the vJoy. E.g. I can e.g. with a button set the pilot chair in "high position" and then use Ezdok separate views for that mode. Also I can hold a 2:nd function button at my yoke and then have double number of combinations.