[4.3][vague bug report] Something is wrong with russian airspace with westbound flights.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JohnB

[4.3][vague bug report] Something is wrong with russian airspace with westbound flights.

Post by JohnB »

Pretty much as the title says, something ain't right with the global scenery in Russia.
Every single time P3D has crashed on me, whether 4.2 or 4.3 it has been on westbound flights either near the international date line or roughly near/ past the middle of russian territory.
Each and every time it is a Stackhash reported in the action center and an ntdll fault in event viewer. I don't use any addons in that area other than FTX Global. Both the PMDG 747v3 and PMDG 777 have encountered the same fault.

I am certain the fault isn't on my part because:
a. this NEVER happens on eastbound long hauls and
b. not only is this not a 100% reproducible issue on westbound flights, it doesn't occur on longer america-asia flights that do not enter russian territory (so far) and
c. the issue is not caused by time as I managed to have the same fault happen twice in a near precise 60 minute interval on another flight.

Something leads me to believe there might be a fatal flaw in timezone calculations/ earth model rotation at those points causing this error. It could be related to those other issues reported where the simulator crashes on westbound flights near Labrador.

Please investigate this issue, randoms crashes in the middle of long hauls are extremely frustrating.
Thanks
downscc

Re: [4.3][vague bug report] Something is wrong with russian airspace with westbound flights.

Post by downscc »

The same even may happen on Westbound N Atlantic flights approaching Canada. Much has been discussed in the AVSIM forum but nothing resolved. If you have any FSDreamteam addon be sure to run their FSDTUpdate, be sure you have run it in the past couple of days. It will uncover some kind of data error in the default scenery that no one has found yet. It would be interesting if you replied that you did not have a FSDT addon.
Dan Downs
KCRP
JohnB

Re: [4.3][vague bug report] Something is wrong with russian airspace with westbound flights.

Post by JohnB »

downscc wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm The same even may happen on Westbound N Atlantic flights approaching Canada. Much has been discussed in the AVSIM forum but nothing resolved. If you have any FSDreamteam addon be sure to run their FSDTUpdate, be sure you have run it in the past couple of days. It will uncover some kind of data error in the default scenery that no one has found yet. It would be interesting if you replied that you did not have a FSDT addon.
I do have FSDT addons and I do have GSX. Here's another catch: I don't recall having stackhashes while I flew NRT-LHR (744PM), CDG (744PM) and FRA (788QW). What's putting these together? This was while GSX wouldn't finish baggage loading, forcing you to restart couatl to pushback. This is still inconclusive however, because I can't recall if the baggage bug was there when i did NRT-SVO (744PM) (which i flew twice, on the same route: first attempt was a CTD, the second was fine) and I am positive that the bug didn't exist when I did JFK-NRT (744PM) where i got the ctd around the IDL on the first try and no crashes on the second 2 attempts.
Pete_EDDW

Post by Pete_EDDW »

Hello!

I want to report a similar weird occurrence, which I was able to reproduce 3 times with the updated client and 1 time with a new installation of 4.3 (not a vanilla installation)

When I depart from ICAO LUKK (Moldova) RWY26 via TUVA4P departure and follow the departure to a FIX called "NATIV" the sim would crash every time I reach the rough vicinity of N46.61282 E29.35488 (very close to the Ukrainian border, i.e. former Russian airspace) between NATIV and TUVAP. There is no error report in the event log or anything. This only seems to be happening, when I "normal" flight is taking place. When I flew there in a F22 to see what's to see nothing happened at first. After a while the Sim froze again, usually at between 13000 and 15000ft. I have marked all crashes on a map and they are very close together (within a circle of not more than 2nm radius).

The scenery I use in the area is just ORBX Global. Each "regular" flight was done in a MD-82 incl. GSX.

Cheers,

Pete
downscc

Post by downscc »

JohnB wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:22 pm I do have FSDT addons and I do have GSX.
Run the FSDT Updater.
Dan Downs
KCRP
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

downscc wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:58 pm
JohnB wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:22 pm I do have FSDT addons and I do have GSX.
Run the FSDT Updater.
i've been running it regularly since that update that adds gsx shutting off in flight

anything i'm looking for?
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

As I have said on AVSIM, I'm not having this problem. I make, at a minimum, two east bound trips from VHHH/RJAA to ESSA/EDDF monthly and then on to KDFW/KAMA so I fly these areas a lot. If I were having these failures, I would do a clean install of P3dv4.3 and fly the route without any add-ons. If successful, I would start adding my add-ons back until it fails. That's the only way it can be resolved in my opinion.

Dan and I have similar machines and fly PMDG almost exclusively, but he has an occassional failure and I don't. I personally feel it is a memory related problem started at the departure point and really has nothing to do with the CTD site. This sounds just like the OOMs that I had with FSX.
downscc

Post by downscc »

JohnB wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:00 pm i've been running it regularly since that update that adds gsx shutting off in flight
While above 10,000 feet, when you try to use GSX (Ctrl+Shift+F12) you will get a message that GSX is disabled if you have the latest update. I updated on the day after it was released and I didn't get it, I had to wait another day or two for the global cloud they are using to slowly migrate the new files from Swiss to US.
Dan Downs
KCRP
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

downscc wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:16 pm
JohnB wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:00 pm i've been running it regularly since that update that adds gsx shutting off in flight
While above 10,000 feet, when you try to use GSX (Ctrl+Shift+F12) you will get a message that GSX is disabled if you have the latest update. I updated on the day after it was released and I didn't get it, I had to wait another day or two for the global cloud they are using to slowly migrate the new files from Swiss to US.
I ran the updater today, hopefully all is well.