South Pacific Small Island Airports Causing 1 FPS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
majicdonjuan

South Pacific Small Island Airports Causing 1 FPS

Post by majicdonjuan »

Hello,

I'm having an extremely strange issue. I'm running P3D v4.2 with no addon scenery. The only add-ons I use are MyTraffic and FSXWX. Normally, performance is between 20-30 FPS at most places, with it maybe dropping into the 15 FPS range at extremely busy airports.

Recently, I've tried to make some flights from some extremely small airports such as Nadi International in Fiji and Cassidy International and Bonriki International in Kiribati. When I load the scenario, the sim pretty much locks up, averaging 0.8 FPS. This doesn't happen with larger Pacific Islands (for example, New Zealand or the Hawaiian Islands), nor does it seem to happen outside of the South Pacific. It seems to be limited to extremely small, extremely remote South Pacific islands only.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how did you resolve it? I'm assuming this has something to do with the large amount of ocean that has to be drawn, because I really can't think of any other factor unique to these types of airports.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: South Pacific Small Island Airports Causing 1 FPS

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

We aren't seeing any significant performance drops in these locations. Can you try disabling these add-ons and test again in the same area?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead