save/load- help please

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
meirellesmm

save/load- help please

Post by meirellesmm »

Hi,
I have a very serious problem. I can not save my flights. When I save, P3d_V4 crashes. off and lose everything. You have to redo the whole flight.
As it does not save, it also does not load.
I need some help to solve this problem.
I have version 4. Addons: AS16 / Chaseplane / PTA / GSX
Thanks - I await an answer.
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: save/load- help please

Post by Brad Shiver »

Can you try uninstalling your add-ons to see if you get this issue in a clean installation? Some add-ons may need to be updated to be compatible with 4.2. It would also help if you ran through our general debugging steps to help us narrow down the issue: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

-Brad
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

I've done this. I formatted my computer, and only installed P3d. I have not yet installed the latest version because they do not run the addons I use, they do not all run yet. I'll wait.
But I already did it. I also did the debugging. I've knocked the specific folders out:
app roaming / Local and also program files .. I did everything as is the procedure but the error remains, I will try to save and the p3d crashes.
marcelo
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

I had no further answer to this problem.
I would like an help to solve /
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling your client and reinstalling it? If you do not want to move to 4.2, 4.1 is still available in your downloads.

When you uninstall, make sure you select Yes when it asks if you want to deactivate.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Yes, Kayla. I formatted the machine and installed everything again.
the error persists
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Before you added back your addons, did you test to see if default Prepar3D could save properly?

Regards,
Kayla
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Yes,
What is the most common problem that can happen for me to solve this?
Is there a way I can manually change the default flight settings? through the Prepard3d_Default file that is in the folder:
C: \ Users \ meire \ AppData \ Local \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4
How can I do this at least?
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

I would advise removing your addons and then adding them back one by one to see which one is causing your problem.

Note: Delete your generated files once you've removed all your addons to get a clean slate.

Regards,
Kayla
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

I formatted my machine, with no addon. without anything! I inhaled P3d and have already presented this error. Later I installed the addons, but it's no use doing it again. I'm having the problem with P3d only. no addons
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello meirellesmm,

Can you provide the details of your system, including all add-ons you have installed?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Sure.
I installed p3dv4, active sky + asca / Fstramp / global orbx, vector / chase plane
These are the installed addons.
I'm the same one who's having problems with HDr lighting.
marcelo
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

We are unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

I know you've stated that you have reformatted your computer, but can you please remove all of your addons and restore Prepar3D to its default state? After that, try to recreate the issue.

Once you can create the issue in default Prepar3D, please send us detailed reproduction steps.

Regards,
Kayla
meirellesmm

Post by meirellesmm »

Hi,
I'll try to explain the problem better. Let's give an example: I have a plane at Dallas airport, already at the gate, off. I want to save this so that tomorrow I can resume the Dallas flight without having to load it again.
I know this is possible, just saving the flight, but I can not do that. The P3D is crashing, and hangs up. I did everything I needed. I deleted all the folders:
app local / app roaming and program data. Even so unfortunately did not solve. I also disabled the addons that run along with p3d. It did not work.
I do not know what to do to make this function work again.
I even thought it might be from windows, permissions, etc ... but I see that I have everything configured right.
Any tips?
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

You may have to completely uninstall your addons and then add them back one by one, testing the saving feature in between each install, to determine which is causing the issue.

Regards,
Kayla