4.2 rudder issue - EZdok

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
dancemad

4.2 rudder issue - EZdok

Post by dancemad »

An observation:

After updating to 4.2, all rudder inputs do not steer AC on the ground. The input is recognized in SPAD.Next as well as animated within all AC, however, there is no 'steering' effect on the ground. The install was minimal (client only and rebuilt .cfg) Did not test anything else at this point.

Reverted back to P3D 4.1.722 and all works normally. Will stay here until I see something similar pop up with possible fix.

Using Win 10 64
FSUIPC 5.122
SPAD.Next 0.9.6.25
Saitek hardware
jgoggi

Re: 4.2 rudder issue

Post by jgoggi »

I found out today that I can't move the rudder to the RIGHT with the keyboard keys, while it's ok with the rudder pedals. I don't know if this depends on Ezdok, but it happens even after disabling it. I have installed 4.2 Client+Content. Can anybody please check?
lawlegge

Post by lawlegge »

Re: Original post;
This from another forum thread; http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=128518
This may be related to your problem...

Back in v4 (possibly v3-can't remember), there was a bug in P3D that affected A2A planes and/or EzDok. Reason - they both use a similar method to detect fuselage shake. It would render turning while taxiing mostly useless. Rudder worked, front wheel steered but little or no turn. Then it was a simple matter of turning off "Fuselage Shake" in either of the 3rd party addons. Then LM fixed it in an update and we could again use "Fuselage Shake".

But...it came back in this version. And, again, it is a simple matter of turning off "Fuselage Shake". I suspect LM will have to re-fix this re-issue...
dancemad

Post by dancemad »

Thank you sir. I will re-install 4.2 and try again with this in mind. I do have EZ-Dok installed and did not mention this. I will post an update after test.

Michael
Marvic

Post by Marvic »

I have the same issue, so I shut down EZdok and the issue is resolved.
Marvic

Post by Marvic »

UPDATE , EZDok released and update to solve the "locked steering" issue.
dancemad

Re: 4.2 rudder issue - EZdok

Post by dancemad »

Thanks mavik,

This update seems to have worked with most AC. Default AC and PMDG are working. A2A C172 trainer is still demonstrating the 'locked' steering problems.

Will continue to research