Blurry far textures

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Avero

Blurry far textures

Post by Avero »

Hi!
Last 2 months I was struggling with one very specific problem - far textures and the mesh is very blurred. It looks something like the screenshot below. Especially strange thing is the abrupt transition of textures on the mountain(first screenshot) from clear to very blurry.
At this "last month" that I am suffering with this problem I tried all possible(and impossible) solutions: restored prepar3d.cfg, scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg. Re-installed the simulator and got the same problem with default simulator without any add-ons, rolled back NVidia drivers, changed LOD radius and other settings in sim, made defragmentation and cleaning of the system, added and removed tweaks in the config file... Nothing helped. Maybe I missed something?
My system spec. : Windows 10(newest version, Creators Update), GTX 970, i7-4770k, 16 GB RAM, Prepar3D v4.1, PTA, Active Sky 16+ASCA, PMDG 737, TFDi-717, Majestic Dash 8 Q400, FTX Global+Vector+OpenLC Europe+HD ORBX Trees, some 3rd party sceneries.
My setting are on screenshots below.
I hope that someone can help me with this thing... :(
Thanks!

Martyson

Re: Blurry far textures

Post by Martyson »

Those screenshots look good to me.
Where were they taken?
I will go there to have a better look.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Avero11440

Post by Avero11440 »

I took these screenshots in Innsbruck by ORBX
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Avero11440 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:35 am I took these screenshots in Innsbruck by ORBX
I do not have that payware scenery but I will go have a look at the default (Orbx Base in my setup).
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

This is what I see at LOWI (two seasons, screenshots).

I do not have a problem with it.

Best Regards,
Avero11440

Post by Avero11440 »

Ok, thank you! Now I’ll try to disable ORBX scenery and see ehat happens with the problem
Avero

Post by Avero »

Small update.
I disabled all ORBX sceneries and ObjectFlow 2, but result still same. All far terrain textures and mesh still blurry.