[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4.1 running very slow

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
MarkR

[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4.1 running very slow

Post by MarkR »

Everything worked perfectly until I updated to 4.1. Now there is a 2-3 second delay anytime I change views or try to look around the cockpit. Any ideas?
Poppet

Re: P3D running very slow

Post by Poppet »

Hello Mark

Try this step.......

Delete the Shaders folder and the Prepar3D.cfg file, Both of these are generated content meaning when you delete them they will generate again as default when Prepar3D is launched. This action will not effect your Add On's

Delete both in Blue, Then launch Prepar3D and test to see if this step has resolved your Issue

----------
Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Shaders
----------

To locate this file and folder, Insure the box is Ticked for  Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options

--------------------------------

Additional Notes:

It will take between 10 seconds and 2 minutes for the shaders to generate again when you launch Prepar3D

You will need to adjust your Graphic settings again after you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file, via Prepar3D > Options

Let us know how you get on
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

P3D won't launch, says "no shaders directory found"
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Mark

It seems you deleted the ShadersHLSL folder from your core Prepar3D ? I was referring to the Shaders folder at the location above

Navigate to your Recycle Bin and Restore your ShadersHLSL folder.

If your ShadersHLSL folder is not there anymore, Run a repair on the Client, Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Repair, This will return your ShadersHLSL folder back

--------------------

To locate the Shaders folder I was referring to you could Copy and Paste the below Tex into your windows search bar and click on the result, This will bring you directly to the location

Code: Select all

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Yeah it seems I deleted the wrong file. Running a repair......
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Mark

Yes repair the Client this will return a default ShadersHLSL back into your core Prepar3D folder (Install location)

Then proceed to Delete the Shaders folder and the Prepar3D.cfg file as they may help your situation.

When you launch Prepar3D they will generate again.

Copy and Paste the below Tex into your windows search bar, This will bring you directly to the location's

Shaders folder

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Prepar3D.cfg file

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

When you complete this launch Prepar3D and test
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Ok I deleted the shaders and the prepa3d.cfg files, the proper box is checked in the file explorer options. I've restarted P3D with same result. I've confirmed I have 4.1 installed, but still have the 2-3 second delay with any movements. Also I've noticed with the update there is supposed to be a "virtual reality" option in the top tool bar that is not there.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

MarkR wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 pm Also I've noticed with the update there is supposed to be a "virtual reality" option in the top tool bar that is not there.

Hello Mark

Some users have resolved this by updating there graphics driver to the latest. This may also resolve your original Issue

Please see the post below for more information

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 15#p168939
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Ok so I updated Java and nvidia drivers and works perfectly now. Thanks for your help, you guys are awesome!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

That's good news Mark. Thank you for your feedback