[RESOLVED] No runways designators by ATC to AI airplanes in P3D v4 - FSUIPC

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jgoggi

[RESOLVED] No runways designators by ATC to AI airplanes in P3D v4 - FSUIPC

Post by jgoggi »

Hi, with P3D v4 the various ATC addons (Radar Contct, PF3, etc.) have a problem where the controllers do not see runways designators (right, left, center) ONLY for AI airplanes and give them instructions to taxi say to runway 16 instead of 16 left or 16 right. This does not happen with my own airplane (that is correctly instructed to runway left/right/center), only with AI. Since it is something common to ATC addons and it did not happen with P3D v3, could there be an issue in v4? Thanks.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: No runways designators by ATC to AI airplanes in P3D v4

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Yes, this appears to be an issue introduced in v4. We'll investigate the cause and work on a fix for the next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

After investigating the issue further we aren't seeing this on our end. I recommend you contact the developers of these add-ons to see if a fix needs to be made due to the v4 update. If they are having issues finding the cause they shouldn't hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Hi Rob, thank you for your investigation. I think Pete Dowson is in contact with you and he excluded that the problem might reside in FSUIPC. At the same time the issue is present in all ATC addons with P3D v4, while it never occurred with v3, therefore it is likely that there is something in v4 that confuses ATC.
darem

Post by darem »

May I add that for some aiports, ILS is not shown anymore in programs like Flight Sim Commander 9.7, especially for a beta of LOWW for P3D V4 by Flytampa?
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Did you try and rebuild the FSC scenery database?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: No runways designators by ATC to AI airplanes in P3D v4 - FSUIPC

Post by Brady Butler »

Pete seemed to identify and fix the issue in FSUIPC. I'm going to mark this as resolved and close it.
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer