not possible to cross bridges in any scenery in v5.1

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jverver

not possible to cross bridges in any scenery in v5.1

Post by jverver »

Hi,

I have the problem that I am not able to cross any bridge in v5.1. Not only me but also some friend reproduces or have the same problem as I have.
That is when I taxi over a bridge in the scenery then the plane gets out of control. At first, I thought it is a scenery problem but I have this on any scenery at EHAM, EDDM, KATL, ESSA and many more with bridges in the scenery which are produced by many developers like Aerosoft. Fly Tampa, ORBX, etc.

Attached I placed a video what happened this is on Taxiway Q at Schiphol. I am facing already off at the beginning because I went already over the first bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnigpJB ... e=youtu.be

This problem did not occur in V5 but I have it since V5.1

Does somebody know solution?
Reinstalling the scenery is not a suggested option because it happens at every airport from different devs so I think it is not scenery related. all ORBX files are below the first airport so that is also excluded I think.

I hope somebody can help.

With kind regards.

Jasper
RobCom

Re: not possible to cross bridges in any scenery in v5.1

Post by RobCom »

I don't know if this works or not, but I saw someone in the FB PMDG forum say they reduced the mesh resolution, and it worked for them. I believe it has something to do with the mesh resolution being to high for the new V5 scenery, I have NO idea if this is tru or not as I have not run into this issue yet.

I keep my mesh at 5m? But I think they guy said he turned his down to 10m and it fixed a similar issue.

If nothing else you could try it. Good luck.
ASUS Z690 Apex ; 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800 ; ASUS RTX 4080 OC ; Creative SB Audigy Rx
jverver

Post by jverver »

Hi Rob,

I saw that fix to i tried that on this video but it does not work.
In the video the Mesh was at 10.
airbader

Post by airbader »

I can confirm this bug. Taxiway bridges are broken in P3D right now.
CargoluxPilot748

Post by CargoluxPilot748 »

Have the same problem on any airport in P3D v5.1
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Bridge was ok at FlightBeam KPHX

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Source41

Post by Source41 »

It seems to be airport/plane dependent. I can't cross the bridges going to 18R/36L at flytampa EHAM in PMDG aircraft but FSLab's works just fine at 5m
CargoluxPilot748

I can confirm this problem. Just had the same issue on DDs Chicago X today when I crossed the bridge. Same like with Flytampa Amsterdam and other airports with bridges. As far as I see does this problem occur for the most of the third party Addons out there. Pretty annoying actually.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

CargoluxPilot748 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:32 pm I can confirm this problem. Just had the same issue on DDs Chicago X today when I crossed the bridge. Same like with Flytampa Amsterdam and other airports with bridges. As far as I see does this problem occur for the most of the third party Addons out there. Pretty annoying actually.
@ CargoluxPilot748,

DD KORD Bridge OK P3Dv5.1HF1

Best Regards,
CargoluxPilot748

Martyson wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:39 pm
CargoluxPilot748 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:32 pm I can confirm this problem. Just had the same issue on DDs Chicago X today when I crossed the bridge. Same like with Flytampa Amsterdam and other airports with bridges. As far as I see does this problem occur for the most of the third party Addons out there. Pretty annoying actually.
@ CargoluxPilot748,

It doesn’t work with the most third party addons. There are actually many threads with the same problem and different planes like the PMDG737/747 and the FSLabs Airbus for example.
CargoluxPilot748

CargoluxPilot748 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:39 pm
@ CargoluxPilot748,

It doesn’t work with the most third party addons. There are actually many threads with the same problem and different planes like the PMDG737/747 and the FSLabs Airbus for example.
Try to cross the bridge with any of these addons AND mesh resolution set to 1m and you will probably make the same experience. It has something to do with the mesh resolution but I have no idea what the actual reason is for the problem.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Best Regards,
CargoluxPilot748

Martyson wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:00 pm See also:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=140972
Sorry this doesn’t help anyone. It works for some of you and I’m happy for you that you‘re one of them but for me and some others is it a really annoying problem where everyone should take a look if it’s a problem with their scenery or the simulator itself...
CargoluxPilot748

Problem still exists..... any news P3D ?!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

CargoluxPilot748 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:08 pm Problem still exists..... any news P3D ?!

@ CargoluxPilot748,

No new news that I am aware of.

Are you now having a problem with an aircraft or an airport?
Best Regards,