No dyn lights on arrival - any airport

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Rob Ainscough

Re: No dyn lights on arrival - any airport

Post by Rob Ainscough »

If you have FSDT, make sure to run their Updater externally (P3D not running) ... it needs to be updated for V4.3. Also, FSDT only has two airports that have DL setup ... KCLT and KSDF.

Verify you have SODE 1.6.3 installed and registered.

DL support will vary by airport vendor, many have been updated, but certainly not all.

Cheers, Rob.
Rob Ainscough
Fly4You

Post by Fly4You »

Yes but it’s problem with P3D in generell. Could you please look at my „own“ topic:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=130067
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Users have reported that clearing their shaders resolved similar issues. This can be done by deleting the "Shaders" folder in your "%localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" directory. We worked with developers to make several dynamic lighting enhancements in 4.3 including improving performance for placed dynamic lights and fixing cases where dynamic lights could disappear based on certain viewing angles. If you are still experiencing issues specific to certain add-ons please contact these developers. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:16 pm Users have reported that clearing their shaders resolved similar issues. ...

Look here. @Rob McCarthy. I think that is the easy solution.... Or maybe scenery devs should talk to FLightbeam bec they do this different, like i mentioned a year ago already. With different ways for effects controllers.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... al.441769/

maybe for some ppl clearing shaders solves it but that is NOT the problem. We are now over a year into this and still have to deal with this problem on nearly every arrival....Its so bad to stream most wonderful sceneries just to let an xp11 freak enter the moment when you arrive on an airport and rant about how bad p3d dyn lighting is....

I would love if devs can do that really, its one of the worst problems in p3d.
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

As one quick test I just landed at KPHX (FlightBeam) P3Dv4.3 and this is what I see gate arrival on my setup.
Is this what you see?

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Nope, your on a Flightbeam airport. It works here because they use another way to detect and handle lights as the "standard dev".

I mean yes, thats what i see when i land there too.

But on 100 other airports sadly it doesnt work like this and there will be no dyn lights on arrival. On can see it best on the own plane then. Taxi below a gate and you will see that the plane is black, unlit of any lights.
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Do you have airports in the USA that I may be able to test for dynamic lighting?
Best Regards,
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

I have to find one. Not easy because the most i have here are either FLightbeam or Flytampa or FSDreamteam. The one is using the addonmanager to detect and handles range/effects, the other one his own way and the other one whatever way.

But i will think what i have here and check again and let you know.
MediocreGorilla

Post by MediocreGorilla »

I'd like to hook up here 'cause this is happening to me right now aswell, and it's getting extremely annoying.

My histroy: I had a stable 4.3 running without any DL issues.

After upgrading my hard drive and doing a complete, clean reinstall of 4.3, dynamic lights wouldn't show on any airport I arrived at. I did a 1:1 backup of all my configs before and set up everything like it was before.

Doing another clean reinstall when switching to 4.4, the problem persisted.

I did an insane amount of experimenting with settings, shaders, default ones, modified ones, removing any addons except one airport... and I just can't find out why this is happening.

Dynamic lights are working just fine at every scenery when loading into it directly. All of the airports are also using the method of adding the "controller" effect as the known workaround.
Once I fly (or slew) away far enough so that the airport undloads and I approach it again, it will not load any dynamic lights.

The only way of getting it to load the lights again is to apply any change to the scenery library (and let it reload the whole scenery that way) or loading directly to another airport (and back to the affected one).

I know this is very hard to reproduce. I can't tell you any airport to test at, as they are all affected. This is definitely not a third party issue. I only know that it worked once and does no longer after two reinstalls.

I'll provide everything you need to get even a remote idea of where this could be coming from. Just let me know.

One thing I noticed that COULD be releated to this: When using FSLabs Spotlights (e.g. in their Airbus), I switch to a distant tower view and back into the VC, the dynamic lights will no longer be visible. I have to switch to an outsideview
first and then back into the VC to get them back.

Thank you in advance and kind regards
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"All of the airports are also using the method of adding the "controller" effect as the known workaround."

What is it?

Is it approved for P3Dv4.4?
Best Regards,
MediocreGorilla

I'm talking about this method already mentioned earlier here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... al.441769/

You'll find this in most payware sceneries.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

MediocreGorilla wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 pm I'm talking about this method already mentioned earlier here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... al.441769/

You'll find this in most payware sceneries.
I have no idea how developers do it.

Which payware scenery/sceneries are you having trouble with?
Best Regards,
MediocreGorilla

As I fly mainly in Europe, I see it at all products of Aerosoft, FlyTampa, OrbX, UK2000, Taxi2Gate...
But that’s just examples. I can reproduce this on any scenery using dynamic lights.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

MediocreGorilla wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:57 am As I fly mainly in Europe, I see it at all products of Aerosoft, FlyTampa, OrbX, UK2000, Taxi2Gate...
But that’s just examples. I can reproduce this on any scenery using dynamic lights.
I am trying to get info on airports with the problem and the developer who created the airport.

I assume the developer modified / tested their product(s) for P3D, correct?

Or, just to verify if are you modifying the airports?
Best Regards,