export ESP 1.0 directx with texture

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
comy

Post by comy »

Hello,

If I try to export to ESP 1.0 directx file in 3DS MAX 2012, I get the problem, that my texture won't be exported too.

I did add it normally with the material editor, it's a .dds file, but after export, the texture isn't avaible in the the .x file.

I opened the x file with notepad and in the material section absents the Texturefilename section.

It's indifferent, wether I use .dds or .bmp files. After many tests to find a solution for this problem, I can say that the texturefilename section absents all time. But I can't understand the reason for this problem. There are no error messages by exporting.

But at other people it works correctly. What can be the reason for this problem?

Thanks

regards comy.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Are you using ESP or Prepar3D?
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
N4GIX

Post by N4GIX »

He's using the export module from the Prepar3D SDK that was compiled for Max2012.
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

OK, we try to be as helpful as possible, but when we get questions relating to FSX or ESP we have to filter these out and concentrate on those issues that directly relate to Prepar3D. We can't troubleshoot them. You will have to discuss with Microsoft. Even though we started off with the ESP V1.0 source code, Prepar3D is now a different product and although compatible, there are differences and advances, including Max 2012 support that ESP doesn't have. When there are bugs or issues with Prepar3D related tools we will of course address these when we can. If they are applied to non-Prepar3D software, we cannot look at these.

Join the Developer Network, download Prepar3D and if you have the same problem we will certainly look at it, or if others here in the network have the same issue then we can look at it. There might also be other people in the forums that can assist that are not in the Prepar3D team.

John