OpenGLTexture from VAPSXT

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
cariolee

OpenGLTexture from VAPSXT

Post by cariolee »

Hello,
I use vapsxt to build gauge. And then export dll to p3d. I use OpenGLTexture example to show the gauge. But when I export the text, I have the problem. The text showed in p3d is hollowed out. But in vapsxt it is not. I do not know how to make the text not hollowed in p3d.
Thank you!
Best,
Cario
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: OpenGLTexture from VAPSXT

Post by Beau Hollis »

It's possible there are some limitations to the nvidia extension used for the GL<->DX interop. Another possibility might be that you're GL code is writing 0 into the alpha channel of the texture. When drawing directly to the screen, writing 0 alpha might not impact the final color because blending could be disabled. When writing to a texture though, it would impact the final visual result because P3D's renderer will blend using the alpha in the texture. If you're using the texture directly in a model, you try changing the model part's material to disable apha blending.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect