Traffic Toolbox Boat Terminals

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
aeronauta

Traffic Toolbox Boat Terminals

Post by aeronauta »

There are 4 types of Boat terminals Cargo, Oil, Cruise, Ferry , can LM indicate what the meaning of each one is and how it applies to different Boats , I tested Ferry with a carrier and did not work but Cruise did ... another question is how are the automatic schedules applied to Boats developed ?? what parameters they use?? .... also the Learning Centre is very poor in the area of Boats AI, will this be reviewed in future???

Thank you..

Jorge

ps: this is my second post re Trafic Toolbox with ~400 views in the firs one and no reply, hope for some action here...
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Traffic Toolbox Boat Terminals

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Jorge,

The p3d.BoatTypes.csv defines the mapping of boat types to to terminal types. Also the terminals.csv and routes.csv can be modified to update routes. What did you modify when attempting to make a carrier go to a ferry terminal?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Not knowing any better I called the Carrier a Ferry and would notshow going to a ferry terminal , then change to Cruise and worked , I would like to know what to assign to a boat of any type acording to the Boats Type categories , but my main problem is to know when (in time) a boat will show as the schedule is automatic and I dont know when it starts or what sequence it used , by chance I have created one with 2 points (terminals) 1 ship and a carrier , the carrier sails for approx 1hr at 25kts , found that it seems to sail 1hr and sleep 1 hour and go back sail for 1 hr to the origin and repet the seq, found that this happens approx on the hour , so I assume it starts at 0Zulu, this knowledge would be very useful if it was documented..

Thank you Rob.
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Tying to solve now the problem of auto schedules, I created another traffic DB with the default carrier and runs for approx 4 to5 hours , manage to find it at 9Zulu close to the second terminal , my guess is that it starts sleeping for the time of the trip (~4Hs) then sails and then sleeps again .. and so on .. so given 25kts (28.75nm/hr ) I can now more or less figure out where the boat is going to be at certain time ... prety messy but just a bit of maths...

Still would like to know how to classify boats per type, and of course please make the boats schedule possible!!!...

Thank you

Jorge
Jorge Roldan