[RESOLVED] CameraPDK - no WindowPluginSystem

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
nicomarca

[RESOLVED] CameraPDK - no WindowPluginSystem

Post by nicomarca »

Hi,
I tried running the CameraPDK sample from the SDK v4. It compiles, the add-on is detected by Prepar3D when launched, the start function and the SystemReady callback are called (I log stuff into a txt file to see what happens). Unfortunately, the "PdkServices::GetWindowPluginSystem()" function returns a null pointer. Because it is null, it can't get the list of windows, or register new ones. And nothing happens.
Has anybody experienced a similar issue ?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: CameraPDK - no WindowPluginSystem

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What version of Prepar3D and the SDK are you using? If you press the enter key with this sample active does the camera rotate?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
nicomarca

Post by nicomarca »

I use the 4.1.7.22841 version Prepar3D and the 4.2.21.24048 version of the SDK.
No changes when pressing the enter key.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Samples are built to run on the matching version of Prepar3D. You will either need to make changes to the sample support 4.1 or upgrade to 4.2 for the sample to run as is.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
nicomarca

Post by nicomarca »

Thanks Rob ! I just updated P3D so it matches the SDK version and it seems to work (pressing the enter key makes my camera rotate).
From what I understood, there should be an other view appearing on top left of the screen though, and it is not there. Any idea why?
nicomarca

Post by nicomarca »

Ok I fixed that by replacing the S_NAME parameter. I don't have issues anymore. Thanks!