Customize camera and Rendering

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
b.bacem

Customize camera and Rendering

Post by b.bacem »

Hi,

I am working on application that requires flight simulation with oculus rift and multiple motion sensor.

By default , Prepar3d uses the Oculus rift motion detection. I need to disable Oculus rift sensor and use another one.

The camera should not rotate when a motion is detected by the oculus rift sensor. It should move only when another sensors detect motion.
So the main problem is to replace the oculus sensor.

Is there documentation in sdk to make such application ?

Thank you
Bacem
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: Customize camera and Rendering

Post by Beau Hollis »

There is not a documentation for solving that specific problem, but it should be possible to meet your project requirements using the SDK. Our native Oculus support is implemented using the SDK. We built our native support using the SDK to ensure that developers like yourself could create their own plugins to support custom hardware or use cases. More than one window plug-in can be allied to a single window, so it might be possible to create a window plugin and add it to the leftEye/rightEye windows and override the position set by our native VR plugin. If that doesn't work, you could write your own Oculus plugin using the SDK and disable ours via an option in the Prepar3D.cfg. You can find more information on the PDK API in our SDK documentation:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/pdk_a ... rview.html

Thanks
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
b.bacem

Re: Customize camera and Rendering

Post by b.bacem »

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to know if the source code for oculus sdk support for prepar3d is available or not ?

Thanks