New external switches

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
hokieman

New external switches

Post by hokieman »

Hi,
I’ve been trying to search the Forum for help, but I seem to be too basic for what I can find on there.

I’m new to P3Dv4, and I have Win 10, with real cockpit switches with Arduino that are coming to my PC via USB port, and I can login in to serial Putty COM1, COM3, COM4 … and I can see the switches toggling like C420 / C421. I have a yoke coming in as well.

So, is there a tutorial or instructions on the recommended way to input switches in to P3D?
(do I need FSUIPC? Do I need simconnect? P3D doesn’t input switches directly?)

I’ve been experimenting with FSUIPC6, and have been able to get the yoke commands in to P3D successfully, but unable to see any of the switch changes in P3D or FSUIPC on the "buttons and switches" tab.

Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
jphustman

Re: New external switches

Post by jphustman »

I know this is a really old post so I hope you have it figured out by now... but have you checked out MobiFlight?
Jeremey Hustman
PAJN
--
MB: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
Video: RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC
Mem: G.Skill 32GB DDR4-3200
PSU: Antec HCG750
HD: WD Black SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB (x2)
Capt_Caveman

Post by Capt_Caveman »

I use Link2FS software for switches and annunciator lights in my simpit with arduino
i5-3570K @ 4.4 GHz, ASUS P8Z77-V LK, Gskill 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, EVGA Gtx-1070 8 Gb, Windows 10 Pro
navymustang

Post by navymustang »

I would recommend staying with just the Arduino and writing Lua code to handle the switch input. There are a number of videos and support articles on how to do that.

The other approach for switches is to get rid of the Arduino all together and just use a digital input board such as those from LeoBodner. Then simply read the switch closure right in FSUIPC.