[RESOLVED] SimConnect problem

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
bundi

[RESOLVED] SimConnect problem

Post by bundi »

Hello,
I would like to ask for comment and advice about my simconnect problem.

Before I bought Prepar3d Pro, I had FSX Steam edition installed, with various addons. Before installation of p3d I deinstalled fsx in steam client, but I forgot to deinstall Simconnect and Accusim from A2A. I had Cessna 182 from them.

So I installed p3d and simconnect from: ...\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib. Then I deinstalled all remaining stuff from old fsx and both versions of simconnect and then I installed simconnect from p3d again.

Simconnect is not working, beacuse Opentrack is reporting: error while loading simconnect check selected simconnect version. I tried with all fsx versions in Opentrack settings.

This post is not only about opentrack, because all other addons which need simconnect won't work...
Bellow are steps which I tried to resolve problem:

Deinstall p3d and install it again.
I disabled UAC before p3d reinstall.
I disabled antivirus.
I tried to start headtracking when flight was loaded and before p3d was started. Headtracking was reporting always the same error...
I see Simconnect in Control panel/add remove programs.

Windows version is Windows 10 (build 1803) with latest updates. I plan to format computer at monday or tuesday and reinstall Windows. Or is there any other option or suggestion?

Thanks for help...
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimConnect problem

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are these aircraft compatible with Prepar3D v4? You may need to update these aircraft to run on the latest Prepar3D version.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bundi

Re: SimConnect problem

Post by bundi »

I'm aware of that FSX addons are not compatible with p3d...
I had problem with default install of p3d. I'd deisntalled p3d, remove all fsx stuff, which I forgot, and then I installed p3d and simconnect..

And simconnect wasn't working with defaul instalation of p3d - no addons... Anyway I reinstalled Windows and now Simconnect works...