Exception error = Unrecognized ID P3D 4.2

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
mnorth27

Exception error = Unrecognized ID P3D 4.2

Post by mnorth27 »

During attempts to join Multiplayer sessions Both myself and the host receive a green line with the Subject name inside. I cannot find any information on this newer than 2015 during a search of this forum nor Google. It also appears that every time I look to the other players aircraft, it redraws the model skins. This happens when in the VRS F-18E module with Tacpack. All version number were confirmed as the same for P3D, Simconnect, F-18 and Tacpack versions, FSUIPC 5.124. While this issue seems to go back to 2012 (Sporadically), I do not see any sort of corrective action to try. This is the most informative thread I found, but locked before answer given.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=115449
System Specs: MSI Gaming M5 Z370 M/B, I7 8700K Processor, 32gb ram, 1080TI Video Card, Windows 10 Pro, 1Tb and 500gb Samsung SSD's, 1.5TB HDD, Oculus CV1 VR.
mnorth27

Re: Exception error = Unrecognized ID P3D 4.2

Post by mnorth27 »

This may need to be moved by a Moderator to the Simconnect section. Did not see prior to posting.
System Specs: MSI Gaming M5 Z370 M/B, I7 8700K Processor, 32gb ram, 1080TI Video Card, Windows 10 Pro, 1Tb and 500gb Samsung SSD's, 1.5TB HDD, Oculus CV1 VR.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Does the problem occur with default aircraft?

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
mnorth27

Post by mnorth27 »

Thank you for the response. I will follow up as soon as I can get the information. What I do know so far is that we both the current version of P3D (verified to the version number, but I cannot remember it right now). We also have the same simconnect version (4.2 I believe). This has happened the last 2 times we have tried to use P3d and happens as soon as we both are in 3d world on the ramp at Eglin. System specs are below. We were using VRS Simulations F-18E , Tacpack version (updated to most current), both have Orbx installed as well as FSUIPC 5.124. This is apparently an issue that has reared its ugly head before, but all posts seem to be locked without showing what people did to correct it.