Problems running DLL plugin with Prepar3d 4.0.28.21686

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
Corjan

Problems running DLL plugin with Prepar3d 4.0.28.21686

Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the latest version of Prepar3d (4.0.28.21686).
We have a plugin for Prepar3d which uses SimConnect and is run as a dll (configured in the dll.xml).
The plugin has been compiled with the latest libraries in the Prepar3d SDK.

Previous versions seem to work fine, but this latest Prepar3d version does not seem to work.

We get an error in the ContentErrors.txt:
error=Error loading "P:\p3dv4\Modules\Air Manager\AirManager.dll." in "C:\Users\mulch\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml."

Is there any way to get more information than this? It also seems that it works with some computer, but it won't on others.
Did something change in Prepar3d that might cause this problem?

Any help is highly appreciated,

Corjan
JB3DG

Re: Problems running DLL plugin with Prepar3d 4.0.28.21686

Post by JB3DG »

Possibly missing libraries? You ever tried looking up the file in dependency walker on the computers it won't work on?

Once you have dependency walker downloaded on that computer, open the dll in it.

Collapse the lists of libraries until it looks like what you see in the below picture (in the red box) so you only see the top level dependencies, not the dependencies of the dependencies. Missing libraries will show up as yellow question marks.

Jonathan Bleeker
Milviz systems dev

Formerly known as Naruto-kun
Corjan

Post by Corjan »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to check if this gives me any missing dependencies.

Corjan
Corjan

Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It reports allot of missing dll files, but from what I have read online it is safe to ignore most of them.

There is one left that might actually be missing:
wpaxholder.dll

Although it seems to be present on the target machine (inside C:\windows\system32), dll dependency walker still can't resolve it (maybe 32bit vs 64bit?).
It is resolved on computers where our plugin does work. So this might very well be the source of the problem.

I tried to find what this wpaxholder.dll file does exactly and what setup file I should run to get it installed, without any luck.
Maybe this file right a bell for anyone here?

Thanks again,

Corjan
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

That is a 32-bit DLL and no 64-bit version exists that I am aware of. While I can find no direct reference as to what the file is, I believe it is a Windows 10-only file associated with Edge (the new web browser).

At least, that is what I'm finding in a google... so, take it with grain of interweb salt. ;)
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation