dc3 betsy cathay pacific

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
hjvdgraaff

dc3 betsy cathay pacific

Post by hjvdgraaff »

Hi all, as former CX employee and now using p3dv5.1 I am looking for the livery of the Betsy for p3dv5.1
I found one for p3dv4 which has to be used in the PBR KN660 C47 version however p3dv5.1 crashes when I choose the Betsy livery. So I presume it doesnt work on p3dv5.1
Anyone has a solution or tips for me where to find this livery which I can use in p3dv5 ?

Cheers
shermank

Re: dc3 betsy cathay pacific

Post by shermank »

I cannot help with the Betsy, but if you have a real interest in flying the DC3, please feel free to join us at
www.dc3airways.net.
This VA is dedicated to the plane in all its varieties, civilian and military. We offer many advantages to pilots, not the least of which is the real time camaraderie in our several MP flights each week.
Please feel free take a look around and sign on. The help wanted sign for new pilots is always lit.

Sherm
Sherman Kaplan
DIRECTOR PR
DC3 AIRWAYS

hjvdgraaff

Post by hjvdgraaff »

Thanks Sherman, I am member :) 2473 I found solution with help of Roy. So last sunday I could participate again in the weekly multiplayer flt in Spain.

Thanks anyhow for your messaga, highly appreciated

Achim-2473
shermank

Post by shermank »

I thought I recognized your name, and now , I realize that we have had email communications. I think you even sent me a picture of your beautiful home...
BTW, when it comes to help, Roy is the best along with many other DCA pilots.

Sherm
DCA 662
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Is "Betsy" the DC-3 that is sitting in front of Cathay's HQ in Hong Kong?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
hjvdgraaff

Post by hjvdgraaff »

Hi Jorgen, no the DC3 at CX HDQ in HKG is her sister plane called "Nikki"
Betsy is now retired in a museum in HKG :)

Achim
CoastalDriver

Post by CoastalDriver »

hjvdgraaff - I am using the Jan C-47 in P3DV5.2 I can use the new base PBR textures with the older models but not the PBR specific model created.
This is what packages you need to have installed:
1. Douglas_C47_Beta_V3.1406
2. Doublas C-47 PBR
3. PBRDak01_modelpatch.

First install the normal C-47 V3.1406.
When you do this rename the texture folder in the main folder to texture.old
Unzip the C-47 PBR and copy across the model and texture folders as they are into the C-47 V3.1406 main folder.
Add the Betsy to the aircraft config file as per normal but keeping the new dak01 mdl not the older ones.
The panels sound etc still all work normally.

The Bestsy repaint is available from AVSIM. In the read me for the config you will see it nominates the dak01 model in the sim type. That is fine just copy it across to the general aircraft.cfg file. It can be any one - I have a total of 58 different repaints for the C-47 some going back to the first version of this model they all work fine so long as any repaint references the correct model and air file in the latest version that is Douglas_DC3_v1.5.

This way you can have the best of both worlds, the older models and the newer PBR paints as and when they arrive.

Proof of concept first here is Betsy the PBR version in P3DV5.2
Here is an ealier American Airlines paint using the PBR textures but not the dak model but the normal and earlier C47 models.

Hope this helps
hjvdgraaff

Post by hjvdgraaff »

sure I now have it :)
CoastalDriver

Post by CoastalDriver »

Good glad it worked out for you. As a matter of interest the new pbr textures produce a very nice rivet appearance if not the complete PBR outcome on all the models, they all look much much better now!