Object Creation Tool wont Launch

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
heligmak

Post by heligmak »

I am pretty sure I followed the directions correctly, I found the two files, editted the path in the one and then copied the dll into the other. The toolbar is visible just not "clickable," it doesn't bring up an error it just does nothing. The one difference I saw was the ManualLoad at the top on the example is a Launch.ManualLoad in mine, but when I change that the bar disappears completely.
ChrisHMeyer

Post by ChrisHMeyer »

Hi heligmak,

Let's start by making sure the instructions in the SDK were followed exactly. Check the website here: http://www.prepar3d.com/sdk/sdk.php and click on the 'Mission Creation Kit --> Mission Creation' link on the left side of the screen. The 'Mission Tool Setup' section's directions need to be followed step-by-step.

The window not showing up is usually because of an incorrect path in the xml files or a general 'File Not Found' error, especially if you can see the Object Placement Tool in the menu bar. Make sure to copy and paste in the suggested configurations from the SDK, then tailor the paths to your computer.

Another possibility is a bit of a long shot, but if you moved from a multiple-monitor setup to a single-monitor setup it's possible that the dialog is trying to use a monitor that's no longer part of your system and therefore "invisible." Cleaning out old Prepar3d xml config files and pasting in originals should fix that.

Let me know if this info helps and we can go from there.

Regards,

Christopher H. Meyer

Prepar3d Software Developer
heligmak

Post by heligmak »

I am pretty sure I followed the directions correctly, I found the two files, editted the path in the one and then copied the dll into the other. The toolbar is visible just not "clickable," it doesn't bring up an error it just does nothing. The one difference I saw was the ManualLoad at the top on the example is a Launch.ManualLoad in mine, but when I change that the bar disappears completely.
ChrisHMeyer

Post by ChrisHMeyer »

Issue resolved through private message.

Christopher H. Meyer

Prepar3D Software Developer