SimDirector Hangs Load Scenery Objects P3DV5.2 HF1

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
bcars

SimDirector Hangs Load Scenery Objects P3DV5.2 HF1

Post by bcars »

Starting with P3DV2 HotFix1 Simdirector hangs Loading scenery objects.
(Win 10 pro ver 21H1 , I7 4.2ghz, 16G memory, 512G SSD, NVidia GTX1060 3GB)
P3Dv5.2 hf1 normal simulator works fine. Only fails when trying to use simdirector.

Simdirector ( started from command line with switch or from P3D tools menu) goes through loading, Displays Simdirector screen( like it loaded the scenario, and has the menu toolbar but no airport is displayed and the 'working' Icon shows in the left hand menu portion), then immediately shows the "Loading Scenery Objects" popup window again, then hangs. Task manager showing no disk activity and 37% CPU, no GPU activity about 3G memory in use.

Worked fine prior to V5.2 hot fix. Still works fine with P3Dv4.5
I have cleared the scenery cache, verified no new addons added. backed up scenery.cfg and deleted live copy. Let it rebuild the scenery cfg. Same result
I do not run any global products. I have cleared all add-on airports, same behavior.

I have Ignore "Unnamed Catalog Object Models" checked, but have no way to Uncheck it, doesn't get far enough. I can't find a SimdirectorSettings xml or cfg.
Bill_Womack

Re: SimDirector Hangs Load Scenery Objects P3DV5.2 HF1

Post by Bill_Womack »

I can't even get SD to load at all since 5.2HF, so I get it. When I try to load via the P3D interface, it hangs at 62%. When I try to load directly from the desktop using the command-line switch, I get the same loading scenery objects hang. I let it go for 2 hours yesterday to see if it would ever finally load all the objects, but it never did. Unfortunately, I can't even switch off the option to load unnamed objects because I keep having to force quit it. Something is definitely amiss. As of now, SimDirector is basically non-functional.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Working ok for me.
Did you do a full uninstall of P3D / SDK and a full reinstalls?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Bill_Womack

Post by Bill_Womack »

I've tried just unstalling/reinstalling the client only, and also the entire sim. The problem persists, and renders SD basically useless.
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

I never ever could use SD. It hangs while loading and I think I have to many sceneries installed. It can´t handle +1000 sceneries. I have no idea where it starts to be a problem. But it´s loading without end, like the sim itself. I have a startup time of about 25 Minutes. When I started with 5.0 it was loaded rocket fast but the more sceneries got added it became like 4.5 before. FSX wasn´t worse with about the same amount of sceneries.
Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Bill_Womack

Post by Bill_Womack »

Just for comparison, I have very few sceneries installed - maybe 5 or 6. I do have the Orbx libraries installed, however, so there's all that to catalog on startup. Prior to 5.2, however, it didn't seem to be a problem. P3D itself loads for me in less than a minute, so it's specific to SD.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I have never used SD at all, and it takes a while for my v. 5.2 HF1 to load, maybe 5 minutes (I have not timed it exactly).

But I have a lot of photoscenery, and over 10.200 AI flight plans with associated AI aircraft installed, and on of the things that does take time is that P3D goes through the aircraft to see if there are duplicates.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Nathanial

Post by Nathanial »

SimDirector from within P3D, if you could take a few minutes to load the default scenario (F-22 at Eglin AP) and then go to Tools/SimDirector, the post the result here, if SimDirector fails to start, or better still if it fails to start post directly at the Orbx forum.