Can't find a Scenario Scenery Object Option

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
stiletto2

Can't find a Scenario Scenery Object Option

Post by stiletto2 »

I am new to SimDirector. Currently placing some scenery objects but need to change some of the objects to not suppress Autogen. Where is that Scenery Object option?

Stiletto2
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Can't find a Scenario Scenery Object Option

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Stilletto2,

Do you mean that autogen is being removed from the surrounding area of the scenery object? I don't think there is a flag to prevent this from happening from within SimDirector, however you can try placing the objects as Mobile Scenery objects instead. Mobile Scenery objects will probably not suppress autogen and do not move without a waypoint list. I would recommend you only use this approach for scenery objects that are giving you issues.

Hope this helps!
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
RobinCorn

Post by RobinCorn »

That's interesting that the normal scenery flags can't be added in Simdirector, I guess you'd need to edit the XML code yourself, maybe using find/replace to add the tags in the appropriate places.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Stilletto2,

I think I may have misunderstood. It now sounds like you are placing and exporting the scenery objects to BGL and not placing them in a structured scenario. If that's the case the Mobile Scenery solution will not work and you will have to update the exported XML file yourself and then run it through BGLComp.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
stiletto2

Post by stiletto2 »

Thanks Clifton for that information. Yes, I do export the scenes into .bgls. There are not a lot of scenery placement tools available and SimDirector is certainly one tool that can be used for that function.

I do think a feature for turning off autogen suppression by placed objects would definitley make it easier on a user who is building a scene that needs to be tightly surrounded by autogen trees. It is a bit disappointing that I can use this fully featured scenario builder but if I want to turn off autogen suppression, I have to then go back and edit an xml file.

Something to think about next time you are updating SimDirector.

Stiletto2