SimDirector Bugs?

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
Petchinsky

SimDirector Bugs?

Post by Petchinsky »

Yesterday I had an issue with SimDirector replacing userOwnShip with a viewer and changing the 5 panel windows I am using all to Pre-boarding checklist instead of where I had pointed them. Today for some reason SimDirectory copied every group and piece in the Visualization and named them with the original name - Copy1. I don't know why either of these things happened but it caused a lot of extra work to fix. Any ideas of why this happened and how to prevent it from happening again?

Mark Petchinsky
USAF Developer
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimDirector Bugs?

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Mark,

Was ctrl+v pressed? This will duplicate all selected objects.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Petchinsky

Post by Petchinsky »

Hi Rob,

I did press ctrl + v after selecting the text in a script action. I was pasting text I had copied from a notepad. The only thing that should have been selected would be the text in the script action because I clicked inside it then hit ctrl + a to select the text I was replacing. Would this have done it?

Thanks
Mark
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Mark,

Probably not since the text box was selected. Are you able to reproduce this? It sounds like an accidental copy occurred at some point.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Petchinsky

Post by Petchinsky »

Rob,

It has happened to two of us in the same day. I'm not sure how to reproduce it because I don't know exactly what I did before it occurred. Right now I am just trying to be very careful with what is selected when I press ctrl + v.

Mark