SimDirector doesn´t load the catalog

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
Fedoz

SimDirector doesn´t load the catalog

Post by Fedoz »

Hello,

i have an annoying bug with the SimDirector tool. When i launched it in the sim itself, it stucks at 37%. As soon as i launched it manually (from the folder) it loads the scenerio but stuck at loading the catalog. I already waited about an hour but it keeps loading the catalog.

I am using the latest Prepar3D v4 version and also tried to temporary deactivate all my ORBX entrys in the scenery library, without sucess.

I hope anyone here can help me with this annoying problem.

Cheers,
Vincent
aeronauta

Re: SimDirector doesn´t load the catalog

Post by aeronauta »

Vincent , the loading the catalog delay is because there are too many objects to catalog,..I know you removed the ORBX scenery , (that is the worst culpri) but aircrafts and other scenery can also cause the delay, one thing to do to make sure that the problem is the size of the catalog is to change in File> settings > Catalog Load friendly names for catalog object models to NO. all your objects will not have a friendly name but a GUID , but at least it will load the SD
I have two P3D V4.3 configuratiions , one the one I use for flying , thee other a default to which I add the Objects and AC I wish to use for the scenario.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB