why P3D has removed Learning Management System (LMS) SDK sample

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
aiolia

why P3D has removed Learning Management System (LMS) SDK sample

Post by aiolia »

Hi,

In the p3d v4.1 ,I see this,'Removed Learning Management System (LMS) SDK sample and associated documentation '

So can somebody tell me why this happens? Will the new version in future not support any LMS any more? I think supporting the LMS is very useful to manage the mission,esp the mission that the user makes with simdirector.

thanks in advance!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: why P3D has removed Learning Management System (LMS) SDK sample

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Integration with an LMS is still possible. We have a Managed Scenario Controller SimConnect sample which can be used as a starting point to integrate with a Learning Management System.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
aiolia

Post by aiolia »

Hi,Rob

Thanks for your reply! I want to integrate p3d v4.1 with LMS using the sample project in sdk4.0.Will this work?

Best regards
aiolia
aiolia

Post by aiolia »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 pm Hello,

Integration with an LMS is still possible. We have a Managed Scenario Controller SimConnect sample which can be used as a starting point to integrate with a Learning Management System.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hi Rob,

In sdk v4.1,there is no LMSServic.exe, So I can not use the LMS project in sdk 4.0 to integrate the p3d v4.1 with moodle system? Can you help me to sovle this? thanks!

Regards
Aiolia
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Aiolia,

Have you had a look at the Launcher SimConnect Sample? Although it doesn't provide Moodle integration, it does provide the interface for launching scenario's before starting Prepar3D.

Thanks!
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
aiolia

Post by aiolia »

Clifton Crane wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:45 pm Hi Aiolia,

Have you had a look at the Launcher SimConnect Sample? Although it doesn't provide Moodle integration, it does provide the interface for launching scenario's before starting Prepar3D.

Thanks!
Hi,Clifton

Thanks for your reply! I know there are some methods in sdk 4.1 to start the scenario. But what I want to do is not only starting it, but also I want the p3d can communicate with the Moodle LMS system. So can you give me the source code of LMSservice.exe in sdk 4.0? I can change that project to make it fit to p3d 4.1. Thanks!

Best Wishes
Aiolia