Virtual Instructor not recording keyboard events

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
Eric42

Post by Eric42 »

Hi,

I'm just getting started with Prepar3D, and in particular the SimDirector. At the moment I'm just doing the intro tutorial (Miami mission). At the stage where you are creating the Virtual Instructor (VI) Sessions I can't seem to get it to register the keyboard events.

For example, the "." works fine for releasing the brakes during the normal scenario, but when I switch to SD and VI, the "." won't register. Same is true for any of the other keyboard commands (which again our working fine if you just run the basic Prepar3D scenario). Interestingly, the VI will register and record any joystick events (including the brake).

I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I would like to be able to use the keyboard rather than the joystick for our planned mission creation work.

Suggestions?

Best,

Eric Pohlmeyer
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi,

The Virtual Instructor should be recording Key Event's regardless of the input device (keyboard or joystick). Could you attempt to record your next session with the mouse cursor hovering over the SimDirector Prepar3D window? It sounds like this could be a focus issue. Thanks!
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Eric42

Post by Eric42 »

That was the issue, thanks!