Default Ctrl Jetways do not show in Sim Director, but appear in P3D normal sim

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
bcars

Default Ctrl Jetways do not show in Sim Director, but appear in P3D normal sim

Post by bcars »

Using ADE to update an afcad. I have several gates where I have added stock ctrl-J jetway. I verified that the <Jetway is in the bgl / xml files.
When using Simdirector, the jetways do not show up, however when flying normally, position my scenario to start at gate with default ctrl-J jetways they show and operate just fine. I checked the Visibility settings and the jetways are set to NORMAL . P3DV5 and Simdirector are showing Very Dense.

I checked to be sure there were separate excludes for the areas in question. The fact they show up in the Sim leads me to believe I have an option/setting issue with Simdirector ?
JorgenSA

Re: Default Ctrl Jetways do not show in Sim Director, but appear in P3D normal sim

Post by JorgenSA »

First of all, with P3D v. 5 make sure you use ADE v. 1.79 for compatibility.

Second, since this involves ADE (a third-party tool), you might also want to post this question in the FSDeveloper forum, which is the official support forum for ADE.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
bcars

Re: Default Ctrl Jetways do not show in Sim Director, but appear in P3D normal sim

Post by bcars »

Yes, I am using ADE 179,

The fact that the jetways render and operate within P3Dv5.2 tells me that the jetway definitions are correct. They just don't show in SimDirector. If it was a problem with ADE they would not appear when running in normal p3dv5.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

This post tells me that you know way more about ADE than I do!!! I can look at and maybe (on a good day) do a simple modification to an AFCAD, but nothing more than that.

I would definitely urge you to post this in the FSDevelopers forum.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.