Formation Recording Stutter

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
AlexReynolds1

Formation Recording Stutter

Post by AlexReynolds1 »

Hi All,

I've been having a problem with making a formation flying scenario demonstration.

I'm able to record two aircraft flying for formation, they all look smooth. No problem here.

However when I put both aircraft into the same scenario and have them played back I run into a very bad stutter problem. The lead aircraft (Ai Playback) seems to be out of sink of what the other player is seeing (Player is viewing a playback too)

Looking to see if anyone has a solutions for this stutter?

Cheers,
Alex
SimJet Flight Training | Lead Training Systems Developer
BaldBeagle

Re: Formation Recording Stutter

Post by BaldBeagle »

I have had this problem for a while which has prohibited any formation flying work that I have produced to be used.

What I have noticed is that if you load a flight recording and you then fly after it with a user controlled aircraft, there is seemingly no stutter in the AI aircraft until you start to get closer at which point the stutter get progressively worse.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to make it work at the moment so would be interested as well if someone has a fix.
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

BaldBeagle wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:35 pm I have had this problem for a while which has prohibited any formation flying work that I have produced to be used.

What I have noticed is that if you load a flight recording and you then fly after it with a user controlled aircraft, there is seemingly no stutter in the AI aircraft until you start to get closer at which point the stutter get progressively worse.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to make it work at the moment so would be interested as well if someone has a fix.
Not sure about the first post in a recording, however I have found an AI will stutter when in close formation with FPS set to MAX, The shaking stops if I drop to anything other than MAX.
Novawing24

Post by Novawing24 »

NormanLGibson wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:04 am
Not sure about the first post in a recording, however I have found an AI will stutter when in close formation with FPS set to MAX, The shaking stops if I drop to anything other than MAX.
For my similar experience I found that locking the FPS to 30 or 32 would reduce the noticability of this significantly. This is also somehting that has helped when using connected distributed platforms (eg JoinFS).

It may also be worth looking into the recording that you made initially. Check the RecordingandPlayback.xml and check the HZ rate of major parametres. It might be worth trying to increase the polling / playback frequency of major attributes.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

http://www.youtube.com/Novawing24
http://www.novawing24.com

All views my own except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
AlexReynolds1

Post by AlexReynolds1 »

Novawing24 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:25 am
For my similar experience I found that locking the FPS to 30 or 32 would reduce the noticability of this significantly. This is also somehting that has helped when using connected distributed platforms (eg JoinFS).

It may also be worth looking into the recording that you made initially. Check the RecordingandPlayback.xml and check the HZ rate of major parametres. It might be worth trying to increase the polling / playback frequency of major attributes.
Thanks for that. From my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong, the RecordingandPlayback.xml is only for P3Dv3 ?
I know that you can change some settings for P3Dv4 via the .cfg with regards to the HZ Rate.

Cheers.
Novawing24

Post by Novawing24 »

AlexReynolds1 wrote:
Thanks for that. From my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong, the RecordingandPlayback.xml is only for P3Dv3 ?
I know that you can change some settings for P3Dv4 via the .cfg with regards to the HZ Rate.

Cheers.
From what I can see it has not been depreciated and is still in the v4 documentation as current process. If you do not define your own RecordAndPlayback.xml then it will revert back to the DefaultRecordAndPlayback.xml in you AppData folder
Per Ardua Ad Astra

http://www.youtube.com/Novawing24
http://www.novawing24.com

All views my own except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
AlexReynolds1

Post by AlexReynolds1 »

Novawing24 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:24 pm
From what I can see it has not been depreciated and is still in the v4 documentation as current process. If you do not define your own RecordAndPlayback.xml then it will revert back to the DefaultRecordAndPlayback.xml in you AppData folder
Ahh, thanks for that, I see what you mean now.

Cheers!