Use of MissingLibraryAlert=1 in p3d.cfg

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
whitav8

Post by whitav8 »

I'm looking ahead to when I get started evaluating Prepar3d and benchmarking it soon - we are very hopeful that it will become the preferred choice for commercial FSX activities. Currently we are using ESP instead and we are running into the "Missing objects - GUID..." popup message with ESP for such products as MegaScenery Southern California. Just four of these popups at KLAX but annoying. I found the same popups in an FSX installation as well if the following is set in the fsx.cfg:

[SCENERY]

MissingLibraryAlert=1

This same variable cannot be set =0 with ESP so as to ignore the missing GUIDs. Could you Prepar3dD developers please check in the Prepar3D source to see if MissingLibraryAlert is forced to =1 or not.

Thanks

Dave

P.S. Great to see Pete Dowson trying out his scenery in P3D. I'll be doing the same soon. Wonder what the performance between FSX and P3D for the same scenery looks like. Same Tweaks?
P3Dv5, P3Dv4.4 9700K@5Ghz, 32gbRam, RTX2070,HP Reverb HMD
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

The biggest improvement I have seen in P3D's display of scenery, seems to come from significantly improved shaders.

Geoff

cjtallman

Post by cjtallman »

I may not be the authority on this, but from what I see in the code, the only ways to force MissingLibraryAlert=1 in Prepar3D is to set it in the cfg (like you mentioned) or to use the -verbose command line switch. It should default to 0 otherwise.
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Removed by request of management.
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
agarti

Post by agarti »

I would suggest you do a Home page, as shown in FSX once it is open, it will make it easier to select and enter and exit the free flight and the flight missions, and would allow for the installation of these models FSX is required once selected and launched the OK ask permission to be activated, such as the Bell 206 Dodosim.

Daniele
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

in P3D (1.4) MissingLibraryAlert can be set to either 0 or 1, and will have the expected results.