P3D 5.3 HF2 Scenery Libraries Partially Not Appearing and Unable to Overwrite Stock Airfield Background

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
TimC340

P3D 5.3 HF2 Scenery Libraries Partially Not Appearing and Unable to Overwrite Stock Airfield Background

Post by TimC340 »

I develop freeware airfield sceneries for MAIW.

Since installing 5.3HF2 I’ve noticed that some scenery libraries only partially display. That is, some objects from the library display perfectly, others don’t appear at all. All models are to P3Dv4.4 format; all textures DDS5.

At the same time, it appears that CVX files written in Airport Design Editor 1.79 no longer overwrite the stock airfield backgrounds, and in fact don’t appear at all, even if ‘exclude specific’ polygons are used to try and delete the stock backgrounds. This makes it very difficult to flatten a different-shaped area from stock, or to modify the elevation of an airfield.

Anyone got any clues?
gsnde

Re: P3D 5.3 HF2 Scenery Libraries Partially Not Appearing and Unable to Overwrite Stock Airfield Background

Post by gsnde »

I also noticed that something is wrong with some object libraries, Tim.

See my post here. In my case several default object don’t have transparency. But I fear this is nothing high on anyones list.
ToniH

Re: P3D 5.3 HF2 Scenery Libraries Partially Not Appearing and Unable to Overwrite Stock Airfield Background

Post by ToniH »

If i want to remove default airport boundaries, like CVX i use SbuilderX, works well in latest version of P3D. So i suggest you download and use latest version of Sbuilder.
"Gigabyte X570 Gaming X = MSI RX 6700 XT Mech 2 = Ryzen 5800X = Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3600 C18 DC - 16GB "
TimC340

Post by TimC340 »

Yes, I use SBX so I may have to do it that way. I've learned that using shp2vec from the v5.2 SDK allows ADE to modify v5.3 CVX data, so if I can find a copy of the v5.2 SDK I'll try that!
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

I've been able to flatten an airport in v5.x using ADE 1.79 by first making a small exclude general/airport background. And then adding a terrain polygon of "airport background"/"flatten mask class map exclude autogen" and set it at the altitude of the field.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6