Missing Part of the World in P3DV5 Scenery

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
CoastalDriver

Missing Part of the World in P3DV5 Scenery

Post by CoastalDriver »

It has taken me a while to check this issue in P3DV5. In FSX one was used to small and some islands in the Pacific Region going missing in the sim that is they just were not there. One in particular was an island called Samarai in PNG off the coast near Milne Bay. Now it was no unihabited island and in fact was the major adminstrattive centre for PNG from the time of the Germans right up until after WW2 when the capital actually became Port Moresby. So it has a lot of historic buildings etc (or what is left the USMC destroyed the place to prevent the Japanese occupying it supposedly).

So I believed that LM had done a complete revamp of the the scenery terrain etc and I guess overall they have but quess what SAMARAI ISLAND is still missing in the default scenery in P3D.

I guess nobody is going to put Samarai Island back in the sim world and it will have to be done by other means.

Anyway to llustrate here are pictures - The first is from Google Earth and the other from the sim (proving a point)
Google Earth
P3DV5
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: Missing Part of the World in P3DV5 Scenery

Post by Max Perry »

I just checked my default v5 scenery and I see Samarai Island! Maybe you have an add-on installed? Your landclass looks different for sure.
CoastalDriver

Re: Missing Part of the World in P3DV5 Scenery

Post by CoastalDriver »

Max - thanks interesting the only addon I have is ORBX Global and Global Vector. Needs further investigation if it is in the default!