Need Information Before Purchase Prepare3D V5

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
sameermankame8960

Need Information Before Purchase Prepare3D V5

Post by sameermankame8960 »

Hi There.

This Is My First Post. I Am Currently Using Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 And Want To Upgrade To Lockheed Martin Prepare3D V5.

I Am Interested In Purchasing The Lockheed Martin Prepare3D V5 Professional License.

Before Making A Purchase. I Wanted Some Information Regarding All The Default Airports.

Since All The Default Airports In FSX SP2 Are Not Updated (Still 2006 Standard) Are All The Airports In P3D V5 Are Updated To 2020 Standard Basic AFCADS And Real World Layouts As I Know The Simulator Was Released In April.

Can Someone Help Me With The Above Asked Information.

This Information Will Help Me To Make A Purchase Immediately.

Thanking You
Sameer Mankame
Blaunarwal

Re: Need Information Before Purchase Prepare3D V5

Post by Blaunarwal »

Hi

I don't think they updated the airports in P3D5 completely, only partially.

It is not necessary to get a professional licence, unless you want to use it professionally, e.g. earn money. If you want just to simulate flight, like with FSX, academic is great.

You can return it within 14 days, if you don't like it. So you can try. I use 4.5 and bought 5, which I would return today. But since they made the two hotfix I waited for it to become better. So at the moment, it does not really convince me unlike the older 4.5. There is a development from 4.5 to 5 but this also brings incompatibilities with former addons and new problems. So with DX12 the sim needs more VRAM. Also the scenery data has become worse on some places. I think they are fixing this now. Also the sim again is more critical about errors and just crashes without a message. 4.5 is much more stable. I remember when 4 came out, it was difficult too.

So if you don't have a lot of addons, you will be happy after installation of P3D5. It runs just fine then. You can fly with many aircraft and have some nice sceneries. But don't expect the world full of perfect airports.

Regards

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
sameermankame8960

Re: Need Information Before Purchase Prepare3D V5

Post by sameermankame8960 »

Thanks For The Information.

Thanking You
Sameer Mankame