Prepar3D v5 Ignoring Exclusion zones in AFCAD

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
DarrianCZE

Prepar3D v5 Ignoring Exclusion zones in AFCAD

Post by DarrianCZE »

Hi all,

I am a member of XHT-Labs, creator of Mega Airport Prague.

We have tested the Mega Airport Prague on Prepar3D v5, and most of the things is working fine, but we have found out that the exclusion zones in AFCAD are not working, and terminal buildings are still shown.

The same AFCAD has been working without any issue on FSX, Prepar3D v3, and Prepar3D v4. So this issue appeared with P3D v5.

We think this correlates with the change:

Prepar3D v5 SDK

Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed bug preventing exclusion rectangles from correctly excluding scenery when using the excludeAllObjects setting.

This is precisely what we are usng. I have tried to compile the AFCAD with the Prepar3D v5 SDK in Airport Design Editor, however with no change.

Here is the AFCAD:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15dF-zk ... sp=sharing

We would really appreciate an assistance, but we think this is actually a bug.

Here is a screenshot with AFCAD:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vPBR9a ... sp=sharing

and without:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rf-N_f ... sp=sharing

P.S. Ignore the jetways, taxiways, etc... They are being placed as Simobjects, and are completely separate from AFCAD

Jan
XHT-Labs
niksan29

Re: Prepar3D v5 Ignoring Exclusion zones in AFCAD

Post by niksan29 »

I still have not received an answer about the broken sdk function(has already passed almost half a year):
viewtopic.php?f=6311&t=135409&p=205379#p205379
it's broken so far...
it would be nice to fix it and make use even more convenient.
Cheers!
scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck »

One issue is that the v5 stock airports were recompiled with new and different buildings and objects. Existing objects have been moved. If you use ADE for your work then it creates micro excludes for stock objects. If these are created in a project for say v4 then the excludes will probably miss some of the stock objects which were moved and they will appear in v5

I am not sure what the best process is to resolve this. It may be that you can remove and load stock data in v5 and that will sort it out. I have not had time to test this but it appears to be a common issue.

The bug referred to in the SDK updates I think may be related to jetways and taxisigns which got deleted when they should not have.

If you would email me the ADE v4 project file then I will do some tests around it - jon AT scruffyduck DOT co DOT uk

Jon
ScruffyDuck Software
niksan29

Post by niksan29 »

scruffyduck wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:44 am ADE for your work then it creates micro excludes for stock objects.
Also at many airports there were previously missing ILS, your orphan ILS method has not always worked before, but now all the more... now you are waiting for more and more duplicates stok ils,NDB,VOR\DME in a third-party scenary ...
And as mentioned above, the SDK is broken for exclude nav aids ...
How do you solve this new problem now?
Cheers!
scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck »

This is just a specific confirmation that it is possible to exclude the v5 stock (default) scenery objects and buildings. Using ADE - the latest version 1.79.7422

Load a stock airport
Go to Lists > Scenery Objects
Sort the list by Is Stock
Select all those with Is Stock = true
Use the delete key to remove them from the list
Compile the resulting project
Place the bgl file in an active scenery area in P3D v5
Load the airport

My consistent results is that the v5 stock objects can be excluded.

If you are working from a v4 project then any stock objects from v4 are probably not in the same place as v5 objects. There are a lot of v5 objects that are new and in different places. Loading stock data into a v4 project in v5 should allow the removal of v5 objects and get the project back to it's v4 layout. Compiling that for v5 should give something approximating the v4 layout.

As far as I know there never has been a method based on the SDK to exclude stock (default) navaids.

Jon
ScruffyDuck Software.
niksan29

Post by niksan29 »

Thanks Jon for the instructions on creating an exclude auto to stock objects this will be useful to many users.

But the navigation aids exclude function is described in detail in the SDK and it should work from the very beginning, but for some reason this is still broken;(

I really hope that this fix is not at all difficult for LM, they need to equate in the code navigation aids to stock objects and then they will be excluded, this function was probably undeservedly lost ...

P.S and we have the first steps in this direction, the ticket is received: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 11#p215675
Cheers!