airport Database

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
CFG874

airport Database

Post by CFG874 »

Hello,
I do not know how it is with other simulators, I fly for over 30 years only FS2 to FSX + LM V2, V3, V4.

I have the Prepar3d V4.4 and I was hoping (like all others) that with the 64bit version also the most database will be renewed, which I like to test many other airports with IVAO.
LM is according to statements in the forum not interested in updating the very old airport database.
Question: Is there a software from another provider that I can buy.
Not every airport should be presented in detail, but the basic airport data
(like rwy + taxi) should be correct and updated.
I can not buy an update for each airport, or edit it with AES.
Navigraph has already made a start and the NAV data are revised monthly, but unfortunately this is only one part.
Thank you.
CFG874 Bernd
Sorry Translator
Trailng

Re: airport Database

Post by Trailng »

I agree with this. This is my latest scenerio;

Flying from KDEN to KATL with QualityWings 789 to not be able to land on Runway 10/28, as it does not even exist....

Disappointing to the least that the worlds busiest airport does not have all the runways. Runway 10/28 was built almost 10 years ago and not in the P3D v4 package.

any suggestions on who might have a scenery that at least includes these runways? I have looked at all the companies that support P3D, to no avail.

Thank you for your input.
viperxbr

Post by viperxbr »

I think, to start with, an update-able AIRAC cycle for base P3D would be a great addition and LONG overdue. Similar to XP. Updated airports would be nice but there's a lot of third parties (freeware & payware) developing these already.

If P3D had an AIRAC that could be updated regularly, this could significantly reduce the need for multiple AIRAC DB's for third party aircraft.

My 0.02¢...
Cheers,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC 11GB, 2x Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Corsair 1200AX PS
lawlegge

Post by lawlegge »

Maybe this will help...

https://www.fsaerodata.com/