Snow outside of winter.

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Penz

Snow outside of winter.

Post by Penz »

I cannot figure out if there is a way to make a multisource ground polygon created with the resample tool respond to snow in the same way as landclass polys are now capable of.

Something along the lines of "If it snows, display the hardwinter variant regardless of season".

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

- JP
- JP "Penz" Pedersen - in the Territory.
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: Snow outside of winter.

Post by Max Perry »

Hi JP

I need some help to understand the request. Do you have an example of the now working functionality in the landclass polygon, or can you describe it a bit more?
Penz

Re: Snow outside of winter.

Post by Penz »

Thank you for responding Max!

I can tell you what I see in sim, hope that helps a bit.

If I start up the simulator on date 1st July, at LIQL in Italy (summer) with weather theme "Winter Wonderland" (to make it snow), the surrounding (landclass) countryside is all covered in snow. Now, if I change the weather theme to "Fair Weather" (or anything without snow) the landscape becomes summer-coloured as expected. If I change back to "Winter Wonderland" it becomes snow covered again.

So I see the landclass textures responding to snowy weather (and I must say I like that idea!).

My hope is now that I somehow can make my resample polys respond in the same way, but I haven't been able to find anything in the SDK documentation.

If you need further elaboration, just ask, I'll be happy to provide any info you might want.

- JP
- JP "Penz" Pedersen - in the Territory.