Airport Scenery Updating

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
rwcatherall

Airport Scenery Updating

Post by rwcatherall »

Hello,
I would like to know if it is permissible to replace a corrupt file in the P3Dv4 Scenery Folder with one without corruption. At present I'm updating FAJS Johannesburg Intl Airport which no longer exists and replacing it with FAOR O.R. Tambo Intl Airport. This is accomplished by closing FAJS with a 'close' bgl file and replacing it with the new scenery. However I've found that 'cvx5541.bgl' located in 'Scenery\0605\scenery' is corrupted and I'm not able to remove some AutoGen objects without replacing this file. The same cvx file used in FSX is not corrupted and allows for smooth creation of the new scenery. If I were to upload the new scenery I would have to include the FSX cvx file to replace the existing P3Dv4 file. Please advise.
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: Airport Scenery Updating

Post by Max Perry »

Which autogen objects can you not remove? Could you post a screenshot of the ones you are trying to remove?
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

You'll have to hold on I haven't played around with 'Image Hosting'
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

Okay lets see if this works......Image
Now this is what it should look like using the FSX cvx file.
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

ooops wrong pic for the one it should look like....
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

Okay here we go again......what it should look like using FSX cvx fileImage
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

The only thing I see an issue with is that I see no exclude region. That should be part of your airport's update file(s).
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

In the first pic the ADE file has an "Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen" area included. With the P3Dv4 cvx5541.bgl the area will not correct. However substitute the FSX cvx5541.bgl for the P3Dv4 file and the exclude area shows as in the final picture.
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

I guess I should have said I do have a cvx file as part of my airport update but this file has no effect with the P3Dv4 cvx5541.bgl installed. I've uploaded hundreds files to AVSIM and FlightSim and I know what I'm taking about.
bluestar

Post by bluestar »

I got into the same issue when rebuilding SLLP. I had to go in with custom polys to correct the elevation and autogen.
Holger Sandmann

Post by Holger Sandmann »

Hi there,

the P3D version of cvx5541.bgl isn't corrupt it simply contains a lot more features and detail.

Look at the respective files in TMFViewer.exe and you'll not only see the differences between FSX and P3D but also what additional excludes you need to use, given that the P3D version places many landclass polygons (type "Park") in the area.

In TMFViewer, right-click on a feature and select "Identify..." to read the type of the feature and its GUID, as registered in the terrain.cfg file.

Cheers, Holger
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

Thank you Holger, I will do just that.
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

After doing further check it still appears the cvx5541.bgl files has problems.....

Interestingly installing FTX Global VECTOR files corrects this problem.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

And what problems would that be? It functions without any known issues on my system.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

The airport always functioned just fine and I have now been able to change FAJS to FAOR and exclude data as necessary.