add-on.xlm failed to see my new trees textures

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
aeronauta

Re: add-on.xlm failed to see my new trees textures

Post by aeronauta »

Can LM support make a clarifying comment on this please/??

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Aime

Post by Aime »

Hi Jordge

Thanks a lot for that !
But don't works. I've try on p3dv3.4 & p3dv4.1 after change the bat file.

Here a link with screenshot and situation files
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15oIg9s ... sp=sharing

NB: I don't use anymore v3 because since upgrade of Win10 I have errors creating child windows...

Best regards
Aimé
W10 Prol 64-bit/ Giga X570 AORUS PRO/ Ryzen 9 3900X/ 16GB/ RTX2060/ SyncMaster B2430L/ SyncMaster 2333SW/ LG ULTRAWIDE/ Flight Yoke System/ Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/ Bravo Throttle Quadrant/ Trackir3
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Thank you Aime , can you give me precise location of your picture , is YAFS an airport , please give me coordinates to be able to compare.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
Aime

Post by Aime »

Jorge

it's North of LFLG

In the zip file, I've put a situation file to put in your document folder

Best regards
Aimé
W10 Prol 64-bit/ Giga X570 AORUS PRO/ Ryzen 9 3900X/ 16GB/ RTX2060/ SyncMaster B2430L/ SyncMaster 2333SW/ LG ULTRAWIDE/ Flight Yoke System/ Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/ Bravo Throttle Quadrant/ Trackir3
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Aime , I am not one to give up very easily , but this time this got me beaten, I have tried every combination of settings that are available to no avail, deleting files and folders to the point of having to run repair in scenery and content , but no luck, my opinion is that the Scenery\Global and the scenery\worl are folders that are different to all other , if you delete (rename) the scenery\global folder , P3D will recreate a pristine one , if you look in the sceney Library those folders do not show up .. so I don't know , ..to try and see the trees I created a tree texture Orange , I replaced it in your folder and in the Global \texture folder to make sure I can see the difference .. so nothing I see the orange trees if I replace the file in Global\texture but that's all..

sorry I cannot help anymore , it would be nice to get some advice from LM or at list an acknowledgment that that cannot be done..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
Aime

Post by Aime »

Hi Jorge,

Thanks again. It's very kind of you.
I suppose that add-on.xml method have some bug.

Best regards
Aimé
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

I am not so certain it's a bug. I don't think they considered allowing for those folders to be overridden. I think we need someone from L-M to join in the discussion at this point.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Agree Ed , the fact that if the folder is not there it gets created is a clue..plus the fact that ORBX Global "replaces" the textures is another..(not that they would have tried..)

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
Aime

Post by Aime »

It's works perfeclty for my ground textures "TEP" to replace the default in the scenery/world/texture (inclued agn files)
with this syntax :

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>TEP</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>Terra Emergence Project v1.3</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Texture</Category>
<Path>D:\TEP\TEP_FSX_P3D</Path>
<Type>WORLD</Type>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

I've try this syntax with the trees texture but defined global type. But don't works.

I try also to add a second path Global (where are installed my trees texture) in the texture.cfg file and place the priority before the original Global path. But don't work.

Best regards
Aimé