1011 Tri Star Captain Sim or Just Flight version?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Kalnon

1011 Tri Star Captain Sim or Just Flight version?

Post by Kalnon »

I want to get a 1011 Tri Star and I see there's two models. One made by Captain Sim and the other made by Just flight (the professional version). They both seem good from what I can tell from the product descriptions I read and the pictures but I can't decide. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks, which one is better, the Captain Sim plane or the Just flight version? Which one should I buy? I appreciate anyone's input, thanks.
P3Dv5.4
Ryzen 5800X, Corsair 32 Gb 3600 Mhz, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT
All time favorite aircraft: PMDG 747 Queen of the Skys V2, A2A Captain of the Ship B377 Stratocruiser, OZx Grumman Goose Redux
JorgenSA

Re: 1011 Tri Star Captain Sim or Just Flight version?

Post by JorgenSA »

The no. 1 question to ask is: is this one (either version) compatible with my version of P3D?

Then a hint: look at the support forums (if any) for both developers, and get a feel for:

A: the compatibility, and

B: the developer's responsiveness to issues.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Kalnon

Post by Kalnon »

From what I've read, they're both compatible with P3Dv5 which is the version I have. In the product descriptions of both aircraft they say compatible with v5. I have other Just Flight planes like the BAC One Eleven and most are good, I enjoy flying them, the only Captain Sim plane I have experience with is the 727-100 for FSX:SE and I do really enjoy flying it thought the VC textures are dated looking cause it's an older made FSX model, but the flight physics of that plane feel pretty realistic. Same with JF planes, they're pretty realistic feeling. The VC textures look a little better in the pics I've seen of the JF 1011 than the ones I've been able to find for the Captain Sim 1011 thought it's supposed to have 4K textures. It's difficult to really tell for sure which one is better by looking at the old lowres screenshots I've seen (on the Captain Sim website there's very few screenshots. Also both developers seem to have aircraft systems modeled pretty well. See, this is why I can't decide, both developers make good planes overall. The only major difference that I can see is VC textures but I also haven't been able to find many reviews of these planes that go into detail about the models.
P3Dv5.4
All time favorite aircraft: PMDG 747 Queen of the Skys V2, A2A Captain of the Ship B377 Stratocruiser, OZx Grumman Goose Redux
Kalnon

Post by Kalnon »

I just want to add about the forums. I'm reading through JF's forum now to see what I can find. As for the Captain Sim forum, Malwarbytes keeps trying to tell me the website has a Trojan and blocks me from going to it.
P3Dv5.4
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I had Malwarebytes myself some time ago. But I got rid of it when I found it to be very obtrusive and giving too many false positives.

I could believe that is what is happening to you now, as I cannot imagine the Captain Sim website having trojans.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Kalnon

Post by Kalnon »

I have Malwarebytes Premium installed on my PC as well as the Malwarebytes Browser Guard plugin installed in my browser. I fully trust and believe in Malwarebytes Premium, it rarely gives false positives and it has discovered a couple nasty virus's on my PC in the past few years I've been using it that no other virus program found. I believe it's the Browser Guard giving me the message and I do seem to get false positives with it often enough to be annoying but it has also saved me in the past. Not to get too far off topic but I spend a lot of time surfing the web, searching and researching a huge range of obscure things. I also download a lot of mods for many different games and I like to try out all kinds of interesting free software's I find usually made by small time developers. Searching for and downloading both these kinds of things sometimes takes me to obscure, little known corners of the internet and it can be dangerous if not careful. I've tried many, many kinds of antivirus's and malware removers and I've found the combination of the Browser Guard, Malwarebytes Premium and Bitdefender is the best combo. It's a dangerous world these days so I always stay protected :)
P3Dv5.4