Power up but no motion

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
ronbull

Power up but no motion

Post by ronbull »

I recently had to reload P3D to a new drive. Everything operated as expected, after the re-installation, until I applied power to taxi. The aircraft tilted nose down a bit but did not move. I checked the parking brake and according to sound and vision of the parking brake lever, the parking brake was released.

I checked for wheel chocks. No wheels chocks in place. I checked settings for toe brakes, no odd readings and null zone was set appropriately. Looked outside the aircraft and there were no objects or items that would stop the movement of the aircraft.

I have positioned the aircraft at 10,000ft at 200 knots and the aircraft flies as expected. The motion is working. However, not on the ground. Obviously brakes are the problem but why.

I always run P3D in administrator mode. Can anybody help me get the aircraft to move on the ground?
JorgenSA

Re: Power up but no motion

Post by JorgenSA »

Add-on aircraft or default aircraft?

If add-on aircraft contact the developer.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
ronbull

Post by ronbull »

Thank you for responding.

It occurs with all aircraft whether add-on or standard P3D aircraft.

I have deleted all key assignments etc to brakes but it makes no difference.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hello ronbull ,

Which P3D product / version number did you Install to a new drive?

Are you using USB rudder pedals / brakes on your setup?

Are you using FSUIPC ?

Are you testing by loading the default P3D flight / aircraft ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
ronbull

Post by ronbull »

Hello Martyson,

Thank you for your interest.

The version of P3D is v4.5.14.34698

I have a set of CH Pro rudder pedals/brakes which are USB connected.

I have FSUIPC installed.

I have been testing with both the PMDG B777 package and also the default P3D jet as well. The same result. Both aircraft fly normally when positioned at 10,000ft and 200+ knots but will not move when power is applied on the ground.

I do notice that the latest version of the PMDG 200LRF package has several different features and operation compared to the original package from 2017 which I purchased. That of course should not make any difference, however, I was considering reloading the older copy of the package of which I still have a copy. I am not sure if this is wise or even will be beneficial. I can only try.

Regards,
Ron
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi ronbull ,

You are welcome.

I also have P3D4.5.14.34698 , USB CH Pro rudder pedals/brakes and FSUIPC6.

Do you assign and calibrate with FSUIPC?
Best Regards,
ronbull

Post by ronbull »

Hello Martyson,

Sorry for the delay. Other things have been robbing me of focus on the sim problem.

I do not assign and calibrate the CH Pro with FSUIPC. I just use the P3D assignment and calibration.

Regards,
Ron
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi ronbull ,

Is your FSUIPC the free version or registered version?
Best Regards,
ronbull

Post by ronbull »

Hello Martyson,

To be honest I am not sure but I would think that it is. I bought the computer from another simmer and it was already installed on the computer.

However, if that is a problem I can easily purchase another copy and register it if I need the additional functionality. I must admit I am not full bottle on the advantages and functionality of FSUIPC but if that will fix the problem then so be it.

Regards,
Ron
IanHarr

Post by IanHarr »

I had this problem but never found the cause. (using PMDG planes).
The work-around was to change the rudder axis in Controls to Axis assignments - Axis steering set.
After you do this and see if it works, change it back to your normal setting and all should be well till next time.
I did this for a couple of months, then all of a sudden it corrected itself. (Maybe it is a Windows problem as that was all that got updated, apart from GSX).
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

ronbull wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:31 am Hello Martyson,

To be honest I am not sure but I would think that it is. I bought the computer from another simmer and it was already installed on the computer.

However, if that is a problem I can easily purchase another copy and register it if I need the additional functionality. I must admit I am not full bottle on the advantages and functionality of FSUIPC but if that will fix the problem then so be it.

Regards,
Ron
If you haven't already checked FSUIPC, I would suggest doing so. Just to make sure that it's not configured to use/set the brakes. If it is then remove that entry and see if that helps.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
ronbull

Post by ronbull »

Well, I have tried everybody's suggestions plus others but no success.

My last flights have been initiated at 4000' and 220knts. Flights have been normal and landing has not been a problem.

To taxi from there is impossible.

I am not sure of the next steps to try.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi ronbull ,

Previously you mentioned:
"I bought the computer from another simmer and it was already installed on the computer."

Are you now using any software (FSUIPC, PMDG , P3D etc) that is registered to the previous owner?
Best Regards,
ronbull

Post by ronbull »

Hello Martyson,
No, I am only using PMDG, FDS, CH Controls and P3D which are all purchased and registered under my name. I installed them on the computer after I purchased it from him.
As I said previously, I am not familiar with FSUIPC. It is installed on the second drive on the computer but I don't use it as an add on. I understood that it was a free download, however, if it can be useful then I am more than happy to purchase and register a copy, if that will solve the problem.

Regards,
Ron
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi Ronbull,

"No, I am only using PMDG, FDS, CH Controls and P3D"

What is FDS?
Best Regards,