Edit distance for AI aircraft

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
NormanLGibson

Edit distance for AI aircraft

Post by NormanLGibson »

Does anybody know of a setting or method to display AI aircraft at a further distance than default?

Thanks in advance.
mpni

Re: Edit distance for AI aircraft

Post by mpni »

Hi NormanLGibson

This is a possibility for FSX. I don't know what it does with P3D:
"... - The simulator may only show AI traffic close enough. However, if you want to know its position at a greater distance, check the desired information in Settings / customize / traffic / air traffic / Device reference.
- It is also possible to add the line SmallPartRejectRadius = 0 in the [SCENERY] section of the simulator cfg file, after having saved it (the value 0.1 can also be used). ..."

If you test, let us know the result.

Regards
Michel
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Michel,

Thankyou for the tip to try.

That did not appear to make any difference. I tried a setting for AI traffic in FSUIPC that I had found in a search. I think that it may have made a difference but will need to do more testing to be sure.

The reason for my question is that I have a formation of bombers heading from the French Coast to London and aiming to intercept with an A2A Spitfire with VRS Tacpack guns added.

A sequence of screenshots from first sighting to intercept below.

Barely visible here. Just to the right of the left bolt in the left canopy frame

More visible below

This is probably as good as I can get.
mpni

Post by mpni »

OK NormanLGibson, I understand what you are looking for.
Perhaps you know RFN (Royal French Navy) website. We have build a radar (Air and Surface) which can eventually help you.
02/04/2018 RADAR RFN http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Gauges.htm
Regards
Michel
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Thankyou Michel,

Will try.

Regards,

Norm