LM communications

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Mb944

LM communications

Post by Mb944 »

Hello what happen with the LM staff. It’s like they committed a crime and took off . They just disappeared, has anybody heard from them? There going to have a bad reputation pretty soon for not communicating with there customers. Do you guys agree?
Msi z490 motherboard HIFI I7-10700k, 64gb ram. Sapphire nitro+ 6800xt. Windows 10, 3 ssd 1tb
Capt_Caveman

Re: LM communications

Post by Capt_Caveman »

I totally agree
i5-3570K @ 4.4 GHz, ASUS P8Z77-V LK, Gskill 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, EVGA Gtx-1070 8 Gb, Windows 10 Pro
choppa

Post by choppa »

Their silence is deafening...!
shermank

Post by shermank »

There is a very detailed thread about LM responses in the P3D avsim forum

Sherm
Mb944

Post by Mb944 »

Do u have the link to that forum. I would love to read there excuse when there shouldn’t be any detailed to why they are not responsive to there customers or what the future they are doing to improve on p3d. We bought there product so if it wasn’t for us they wouldn’t be around. But send me that link please I would love to read there excuse.
Msi z490 motherboard HIFI I7-10700k, 64gb ram. Sapphire nitro+ 6800xt. Windows 10, 3 ssd 1tb
choppa

Post by choppa »

I've just performed a search on the Avsim web site...couldn't locate anything about the future of P3D...must be hidden deep in an obscure file somewhere.
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

Available on the first page of the P3D Avsim forum -- https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/601335-lms-silence/
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
choppa

Post by choppa »

Are you referring to this post...

"They are busy fixing what we report, a little bit more of patience.. 😉"

...by, what appears to be a "commercial" poster?

The rest of the posts show a lot of frustration etc at LM's lack of dialogue...ie deriding P3D...MSFS is better...mine is bigger than yours, etc etc.

As I posted before, while it may not be LM's policy....but, throwing some burly on the water does keep the fish interested!
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

I'm not being nasty or perculiar, as I said in a previous post.......LM has been check mated by MSFS2020. Check Mate means its game over. LM have said nothing or even updated any of the P3D versions for nearly 8 months. Remove the blinkers and look at the big picture people. I am NOT trying to wind anyone up or upset anyone but all the major developers have or are moving on to MSFS2020. With 3 to 4 million copies of MSFS2020 sold where if you are running a business would you go?. It's got nothing to do with "mine is bigger than yours". P3D from what iv'e heard did not even sell 50 thousand licenses never mind millions.
ntalimci

Post by ntalimci »

Uriah, I cannot agree more with what you've said. I think LM owes us a huge apology and explain their immediate and future goals. The developers are sliding towards MSFS and soon will not even consider supporting their P3D products if it goes like this. In my personal opinion LM has made a huge mistake to introduce advanced atmospherics - though it gives a more natural look at the sky if it works properly - and has certainly not calculated the potential glitches in DX12 and Windows 10 thoroughly.

I have been an advent user of MS FS since its first version (dating back a thousand years now) and P3D ever since it stepped into the 64-bit environment with v4.0 with tons of add-ons worth several thousands of dollars. Since the November update of v5.1, like 99% of all P3D users, I have been getting the infamous DXGI errors and have not completed a single flight without getting one since January of this year. This has nothing to do with the gear and set up tweaks as I have tried all there is reported by fellow simmers. Finally, last week, I made the decision to uninstall v5.1 completely and reinstall v4.5 from scratch and build my sim. I am so happy to report that I am now doing flawless flights with it without any CTD or DXGI error, even with using all add-ons (including AS, ASCA, REX TD, GSX I & II, UGSX, RAAS, all ORBX scenery, PROATC-X, Aivlasoft EFB, FS2Crew, Traffic Global, PMDG A/C, ChasePlane, 737 Immersion v2, and tons of 3rd party airports). I mainly use P3D for airlines and commercial flights since it has way better accuracy and realism in P3D compared to MSFS. For my leisure VFR flights I use the MSFS because of the impeccable scenery it offers, albeit it is still a game-like software.

The bottom line is LM has failed big time. As a professional in engineering and computing business, I have never had to revert back to an older version of any software like in this particular case. Not only have I lost faith in LM, but also given up hope that P3D would ever catch up with MSFS from now on. Therefore, I will continue to use P3D v4.5 until such time the PMDG releases 737 NG in MSFS.

--Nazmi
gsnde

Post by gsnde »

Killing things by bad talk is tres chic nowadays, but obviously does not always succeed… :-)
Mankurt

Post by Mankurt »

I agree with you