A-1H Faulty Install P3D V4.5 (P3D no longer runs)

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
cflord

A-1H Faulty Install P3D V4.5 (P3D no longer runs)

Post by cflord »

I purchased (0085158918) the MilViz A-1H Skyraider on 04/27/21.
The installation of this product has destroyed some of the functions of my P3D V4.5

1. The A-1H has taken over the default function from the F-22 when the game loads. When the A-1H is uninstalled, P3D V4.5 will not revert back to the F-22 as the default plane and P3D will no longer load properly. When trying to bring up P3D with the A-1H uninstalled, I now keep getting a box that says "Vehicle initialization has failed for: Milviz Skyraider VA-152 Carrier Attack Squadron". "You will now be placed in visualization-only mode". A Box is displayed with "OK" in it comes up. If I click OK nothing happens and P3D will not load.

With the A-1H uninstalled, how do I get rid of the A-1H as the default airplane and get back to the real default for P3D, the F-22?
I need to stop P3D from looking for the A-1H!

2. With the A-1H installed all my other airplanes now load suspended in the air, no fuel in the tanks, and I get a real loud scratchy sound when the
airplane wheels are rotating (taxi, takeoff, & landing).

I have the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest version of P3D V4.5.

I must say I am not very happy with the A-1H software and what it has done to my P3D V4,5 software. It's almost like the A-1H software had a virus/trojan/or malware hiding in it.

Any help you could give me with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff Lord
Martyson

Re: A-1H Faulty Install P3D V4.5 (P3D no longer runs)

Post by Martyson »

@ cflord ,
Cliff Lord ,

Contact Milviz support forum.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
cflord

Post by cflord »

I have contacted the MilViz Support Forum. I have no answer yet. I downloaded, uninstalled, and reinstalled the updated Client, Content, and Scenery files along with the cab files. Unfortunately this did not fix the problem. I also uninstalled the MilViz A-1H Skyraider; but somewhere in the P3D V4.5 file structure it now thinks the A-1H is the default airplane (spinning). I just need to know how to get P3D V4.5 to recognize the F-22 as the default airplane again. I desperately need your help as you guys have the brain trust on how the P3D V4.5 file structure works and are my best hope.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

cflord wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:06 pm I have contacted the MilViz Support Forum. I have no answer yet. I downloaded, uninstalled, and reinstalled the updated Client, Content, and Scenery files along with the cab files. Unfortunately this did not fix the problem. I also uninstalled the MilViz A-1H Skyraider; but somewhere in the P3D V4.5 file structure it now thinks the A-1H is the default airplane (spinning). I just need to know how to get P3D V4.5 to recognize the F-22 as the default airplane again. I desperately need your help as you guys have the brain trust on how the P3D V4.5 file structure works and are my best hope.
@ cflord ,
Cliff Lord ,

Go here:
C:\Users\Martel\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Make a backup copy of Prepar3D.cfg and put it on your desktop.

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg at C:\Users\Martel\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
Reboot PC
Start P3D and test.
Best Regards,
cflord

Post by cflord »

Thanks for all your help. I believe I have fixed the MilViz A-1H takeover by bringing up the Default Maule at the Default Eglin AFB. I made sure the plane was running, full of fuel with the fuel tank selector "NOT in the OFF Position", and the plane fully ready to fly. I next saved it as the New Default Flight!
That seemed to fix most of my problems; except I still have this loud scratchy sound whenever the airplane (any plane) wheels are rotating (taxi, takeoff roll, and landing roll). I just posted a new post, specific to this sound issue.

Cliff
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ cflord ,
Cliff Lord ,

Glad to hear your reported problem is resolved.
Best Regards,