ucrtbase.dll crash. 5.1

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Martyson

Re: ucrtbase.dll crash. 5.1

Post by Martyson »

navigation2016 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:52 am I got the same issue in my 5.1 as well I’ll try the SODE trick and report back thanks
@ navigation2016 <

Do you have a default P3D v5.1 install without add-ons (scenery / aircraft) in your initial testing?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Erip3d

Post by Erip3d »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:58 am If SODE is installed on the system, make sure it is NOT active in v. 5.1 by going to Options/Add-ons and ensure that the checkbox next to SODE is unchecked.

Jorgen
i can confirm, this worked for me :) Thank u
comeup101

Post by comeup101 »

I did the same fixes and it worked but its no fun not having gates or real weather, so I went back to V5 which I have no issues with until there is a SOBE and ActiveSky update.
I fixed the stutters in 5 thru Task Manager by clicking on details, Prepared3D exe, Setting priority to high and unchecking CPU 0 in Set affinity. My sim now runs like a dream. I hope SOBE and Active Sky are updated soon, so I can go back to 5.1 there is definitely frame improvements.

Blake Lewis
EVGA Classified Z690, Intel I5-13600k, Vengeance 32GB 5600, MSI 4070ti, EVGA 1000w, X56 Rhino Controllers, Logitech Z625 speakers, Alienware OLED 34 3440*1440, Samsung 2TB 980 Pro M.2, WD Black SN850X 2TB M.2 and Samsung EVO 860 2TB SATA

Blake Lewis
MPO910

Post by MPO910 »

Jeffrey from SODE could replicate the issues due the LOGS and test we delivered to him.
At a thread at AVSIM you can read the details.
He will do some more research and inform us as soon as he has more information. It is confirmed that SODE has an issue.
Marcus P
Windows 10 Home 21H1
Build 19043.1586
Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.4170.0
i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz
RTX 3090 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor
HP Reverb G2 VR HMD | Steam VR
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

That's good news.
Maybe we will find out why some flights did not trigger the problem.
Best Regards,
comeup101

Post by comeup101 »

Nicee, looking forward to it! thanks for the update....

Blake Lewis
EVGA Classified Z690, Intel I5-13600k, Vengeance 32GB 5600, MSI 4070ti, EVGA 1000w, X56 Rhino Controllers, Logitech Z625 speakers, Alienware OLED 34 3440*1440, Samsung 2TB 980 Pro M.2, WD Black SN850X 2TB M.2 and Samsung EVO 860 2TB SATA

Blake Lewis
comeup101

Post by comeup101 »

ActiveSky just came out with a update for 5.1, any word on a SOBE update?

Blake Lewis
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Blake,

We have posted a workaround for the crash here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 52#p229913

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
comeup101

Post by comeup101 »

Thank you clifton,

Happy flying!!

Blake Lewis
basiledesquiens

Post by basiledesquiens »

Dear Clifton,

Should we let SODE deactivated with the work around fix ?

Thanks

Hi Blake,

We have posted a workaround for the crash here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 52#p229913

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,
Clifton
[/quote][/quote]
ItzZenTy

Post by ItzZenTy »

Hello all.
So, I experience this issue as well, however, only with FSLabs, all the other add ons are fine. As well as SODE, as some people were speaking that it causes these crashes in this version. I tried all possible solutions, tried to fully reinstall P3D with also deleting files in appdata and programdata, but still didn't get it working. It seems like it's an issue with Windows, I'll try to update everything but it looks like those who experience this issue will need to reinstall windows in the case to get it running, I am slowly but surely running out of ideas regarding this problem.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Reinstalling Windows is just a tad too drastic, this is not a Windows issue. This is a SODE and an add-on issue - 2 issues. You should contact FSLabs for the add-on issue, you already know how to fix the SODE issue.

For reinstalling P3D: after this post, I am going to paste in a document that shows you how to completely remove a P3D installation, including all traces of it. It looks more daunting than it really is....

Jorgen

This is how I perform a clean install on Prepar3D v. 5, if you have v. 4 just say "v4" where the instructions say "v5".

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

WARNING: A clean install will mean just that - beware that all add-ons will not reappear in P3D, you will need to re-add or reinstall them, and that is beyond the scope of this tutorial.

If you're doing a clean uninstall-reinstall because your installation was damaged in some drastic way, for instance a disk crash, some parts of this process will seem superfluous. Just follow the steps that are relevant - it will be obvious which are. But, if your installation was damaged to the extent that you cannot uninstall completely, then you may have a license issue. To resolve that, email the licensing department at licensing@prepar3d.com.

When you have downloaded your new sim, do not bother with checking checksums, unless you have a suspicion that something went wrong during the download. Modern-day browsers, no matter which one, will tell you if that happens, and the utility you use for unpacking will also tell you.

I have my P3D v. 5 on my H: drive, a dedicated SSD. It is in a folder called P3D V5. For your installation substitute your own installation location, but - IMPORTANT - do NOT install to the default location of C:\Program Files. If you had P3D installed there, then install to somewhere else when you reinstall, for instance to C:\P3D.

The whole process begins with going to the Control Panel and uninstalling the old version: first uninstall the SDK, then Scenery, Content, Client and Professional Plus (or Academic) in that order.

Remove whatever remains under the folder P3D V5.

If you have moved your Documents folder, go to its new location and remove it from there.

Go to the root of C: drive, in the Search box in the top right-hand corner type "Prepar3D v5" (without the quotation marks) in Windows Explorer (that is File Explorer, not Internet Explorer). Delete everything that is found. Some items cannot be deleted, go Skip on those items.

Empty your Temp folders (not really necessary, but they should be emptied once in a while).

Empty your Recycle Bin.

Clean Registry, using Eusing's Free Registry Cleaner. (This is the one I use, there are plenty of others).

Reboot.

Right-click on P3D's Setup_Prepar3D.exe and select Run as Administrator, and on the first screen, under Options, select to install in the P3D V5 folder on the H: drive. This is for my own use, see above for installing on another drive.

When the installation is finished. go into the P3D v5 folder, create a folder named SDK, install SDK to there.

Right-click on the Prepar3D icon on the desktop, select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, put a check mark in the box "Run this program as Administrator". Click Apply, then OK.

Start P3D, fly the default flight out of KRND (KVPS if v. 4) for a couple of minutes. Shut down P3D, reboot.

Go into the SDK subfolder, right-click on ConfigureSDK.exe and select Run as Administrator. Answer Yes to the question that comes up.

Now you are ready to explore the world of Prepar3D.

If you reinstalled P3D because you experienced problems with add-ons, then test the flights where you experienced problems BEFORE you install ANY add-ons. Install your add-ons ONE AT A TIME, testing between each.
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

ItzZenTy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:44 pm Hello all.
So, I experience this issue as well, however, only with FSLabs, all the other add ons are fine. As well as SODE, as some people were speaking that it causes these crashes in this version. I tried all possible solutions, tried to fully reinstall P3D with also deleting files in appdata and programdata, but still didn't get it working. It seems like it's an issue with Windows, I'll try to update everything but it looks like those who experience this issue will need to reinstall windows in the case to get it running, I am slowly but surely running out of ideas regarding this problem.
@ ItzZenTy ,

What are your system specs?

I assume you have already worked with FSLabs support, correct?

When you get this error what are you doing e.g., preflight, SID, enroute, approach?

You mentioned:
“tried to fully reinstall P3D with also deleting files in appdata and programdata”

Were you following these guides:?
Note: I use them and they have always worked for me and they have resolved many posted problems in the P3D forums.

You could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676
Best Regards,
ItzZenTy

Post by ItzZenTy »

Martyson wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 am
ItzZenTy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:44 pm Hello all.
@ ItzZenTy ,

What are your system specs?

I assume you have already worked with FSLabs support, correct?

When you get this error what are you doing e.g., preflight, SID, enroute, approach?

You mentioned:
“tried to fully reinstall P3D with also deleting files in appdata and programdata”

Were you following these guides:?
Note: I use them and they have always worked for me and they have resolved many posted problems in the P3D forums.

You could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676
Hey, my system specs are intel core i5 6600, base clock. RTX 2060S as well base clocked, 16gigs of RAM, 750w PSU, storage is not important, classic SSD/HDD set up. It usually happens on any airport I spawn at, approx 10-15 minutes after loading, or when I try to exit P3D on my own. I also contacted and browsed FSLabs support, but no luck. I did the general debugging steps as followed, and also I deleted all the programdata and appdata the way it's recommended. I am thinking of that the issue may be in the newest Windows as I didn't have such issues before 20H2 update.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Since I applied the SODE fix, I have not had an urctbase.dll crash. I rather doubt it's a Windows issue - I have 20H2 also.

Have you tried googling this:

urctbase.dll crash

Maybe you could post the full text from Windows Event Viewer next time you see the crash.

Sorry if I am repetitive -

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.